Wifi 6 / Bluetooth 5.0 Question

EGomz3

Hello,

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and reading online to learn about PC building, but there doesn't seem to be as much information about wifi/bluetooth connectivity. 

As far as I know, if a motherboard doesn't have wifi, it also won't have bluetooth, so I'm planning on buying a wireless network adapter. 

As for my question, will an older generation motherboard work with the wifi 6 and bluetooth 5.0 standard. I'm planning on getting the ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard. Just mentioning that in case it's motherboard specific.

13 minutes ago, EGomz3 said:

As for my question, will an older generation motherboard work with the wifi 6 and bluetooth 5.0 standard.

Yes it will work, the motherboard doesn’t affect that.

Okay cool. I actually have one more question regarding bluetooth usb adapters. Would there be any benefit to using bluetooth on a wifi pci-e card vs a usb bluetooth adapter?

Too be more specific, will there be any noticable latency if I use a cheaper usb bluetooth adapter vs the pci-e card?

26 minutes ago, EGomz3 said:

Okay cool. I actually have one more question regarding bluetooth usb adapters. Would there be any benefit to using bluetooth on a wifi pci-e card vs a usb bluetooth adapter?

Too be more specific, will there be any noticable latency if I use a cheaper usb bluetooth adapter vs the pci-e card?

The cheaper USB Bluetooth adapter will not be as great as a PCI. I purchased one a few months ago and I could not use it with the windows settings bluetooth menu.

I would go with the PCIe card

System

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Phanteks eclipse P400A

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16GB XPG D60G CL16 3200MHZ

PSU: Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W

Storage: Crucial P2 1TB

14 hours ago, CloudPC said:

The cheaper USB Bluetooth adapter will not be as great as a PCI. I purchased one a few months ago and I could not use it with the windows settings bluetooth menu.

I would go with the PCIe card

Funnily enough, even  the PCIe cards Bluetooth is USB.  The big difference is that the WiFi 6 is likely an Intel card so using a better chipset.  The range is also vastly superior as it will use one of the WiFi antennas vs the tiny trace of the PCB on USB adapters and potentially much cheaper unreliable chipsets on the plug-in USB adapters.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7