Best console for indoor exercising

kucharczykt

I'm looking for a (mainstream) console that has games/apps that involve movement and physical activity, I'm looking for something under $300 dollars(i can go a little over but id rather not) that multiple people can use at once. The Nintendo wii was my original idea then i realized it was an 8 year old console and I would have to get extra controllers and the scale plastic floor mat thing all of which are kinda hard to find plus I prefer to buy new as opposed to used or refurbished. Then (contrary to the previous sentence) I looked at used oculus go's and quests but because we live in a small house and I would have to get 1 for everyone in our household(4) plus the price of games that was quickly dismissed as an option. I considered the xbox consoles with a connect sensor but the xbox 360 is outdated and the xbox one is over my budget.

Hopefully the info above gives you an idea of what I'm looking for, even though I prefer new hardware I am open to used, or outdated devises.  

nintendo just released ring fit adventure. 

26 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

The Nintendo wii was my original idea then i realized it was an 8 year old console and I would have to get extra controllers and the scale plastic floor mat thing all of which are kinda hard to find plus I prefer to buy new as opposed to used or refurbished

lol, you cant get a console, and 4 controlers, (ring fit adventure requires 2 joy cons/ person, so still 4 new sets) brand new, for less than $500. A wii can be about 50$ on ebay, a copy of wii fit can be found at a local game store, and you may be payed to take it. 4 wii controlers and nunchucks on ebay cost like $30-$40 a pop. Thats like $200 for a wii setup. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

nintendo just released ring fit adventure. 

lol, you cant get a console, and 4 controlers, (ring fit adventure requires 2 joy cons/ person, so still 4 new sets) brand new, for less than $500. A wii can be about 50$ on ebay, a copy of wii fit can be found at a local game store, and you may be payed to take it. 4 wii controlers and nunchucks on ebay cost like $30-$40 a pop. Thats like $200 for a wii setup. 

if i were to go with the ring fit idea i was going to get the switch lite buy joy cons separately and the ring fit which costs about 320ish if i only got one ring and 2 controllers.  

5 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

if i were to go with the ring fit idea i was going to get the switch lite buy joy cons separately and the ring fit which costs about 320ish if i only got one ring and 2 controllers.  

ring fit doesnt work on lite tho. it would need to ba plaied on a tv, ot its ring fit squnt-venture. Since you cant dock the lite, and the game is meant to be plaied on a tv.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Yeah, I wouldnt try to use ring fit on a Lite.  You might be able to make it work with an extra set of joycons, but the experience would be sub optimal.  Plus, once you buy a set of joycons, you really aren't that far off from buying the full Switch anyways.

Honestly, I think you are restricting yourself a bit too much by not buying used. You can EASILY get a One with Kinect, games, and controllers for under $300. Since you are looking to buy this as an exercise aid from what I can tell, I wouldn't worry about the fact the One is about to be last gen in a matter of days.

Both a new 360 and One will be over your budget. You could find like a 4GB 360 for under $300 still but after a HDD upgrade and picking up a Kinect, you will be over budget. Used is really your only choice. Both eBay and PayPal are pretty good about protecting you from unscrupulous sellers so don't worry about that. And even if one of these systems did break down the road, used replacements are cheap.