This PC SHOULDN'T Be Possible - Bifurcated ITX Build

jakkuh_t

Long has running an ITX system required compromising on expandability. Today that changes!

Thanks to Seasonic for sponsoring this video!

Buy Seasonic products:

On Amazon: https://geni.us/q4lnefC

On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV3S 

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

This is actually really interesting! Now you can fold on two GPUs at the same time with your ITX board!

Also,

Spoiler

Shout out to folding month

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

That was a cool video and build , mostly because I like small form factor cases, but did Linus actually ever manage to close the case properly? Seemed there were some issues! 🤣

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

You should've turned the power supply around so that the PSU could work as an exhaust for the 3080's passthrough cooling fan.

Ten-year PSU warranty, so why not?? I bet the video's sponsor, Seasonic would've looooooooved that! 😆

image.png.6fc6d16694305022b024e9144cdffd9c.png

I kinda want to have like the exact same components as you do on your video, maybe except for AIO.

Like I want a list of EVERY SINGLE THING that was used in the video for that cpu. Links for every component will be very appreciated. Thank you!

I want one but with an Intel 10900K. What motherboard would you recommend?

And what AIO cooler actually fits?

Hope you don't need SATA ports on this config. That Mobo's use of a right-angle SATA port, pushed against the PSU means that even right angled cables may not fit in that case. Does this case even have one or more 2.5"/3.5" drive bay(s)?

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

That case design hearkens back to the kind of stuff CaseLabs was doing. I was just looking into miniITX cases the other day and was wondering what's out there to replace the S3 - this would be it. I know this doesn't have the pedestal or the ability to fit FAT RADS but it's also a hell of a lot more compact than a ROG Z11 or Core P1.

On the other hand if it was the hard core modder in me I'd MAKE those 80mm thick rads top and bottom fit with some "elegant panel modifications" LOL. Add some new feet and do a custom loop. With some low RPM fans you could easily make it run 20C cooler AND dead silent. Go really extreme and you might even be able to stuff a 2nd SFX PSU in there and run TWO graphics cards. I'm liking this!

LOL I cant wait when I could post my modded Case its a very thiny one with an Graphic Card in. Sadly the Fan run at 75% constantly in the Case to not overhead the Graphic Card.
My mode will be cutting the grill out and print (when I buy a 3D Printer) a Adapter to a 12cm Fan! So 2x 12cm Fan should enough to suck the heat away from the Graphic Card.

From AT. :x

I have the Sliger SM570 which is the same basic case, but without the triple slot support and with 120mm fans instead of 140mm. Is insane what you can get in there, I have:

• 3950X
  • 64GB RAM
  • 2x 2TB SSDs (1Nvme, 1 sata, cloned every 3 days, with an external ssd dock for expandable storage).
  • 750W PSU
  • Thunderbolt expansion
  • No permanent graphics card yet, but as soon as the 3090 becomes widely available, I’m gonna cram that Gigabyte Turbo design in there (if anyone knows a gigabyte rep that will let me borrow one)

I’ve got a golden CPU too, and I’d almost be comfortable air cooling it and swapping to a smaller case without the radiator.

Is there enough room behind the 3080 FE to properly cool the card? It looks like there is barely any room behind there. Looking to build a similar system in the same case.

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped the video once checking the cost of the case 269$ + shipping ....

What's the point of making a small factor media center/console killer pc setup if you gonna spend as much as an entire console or a media center with and about the same size small ATX case just to buy the case? 

Smaller size and cheap price should be the reason to prefer such cases for said usecases not the reason to deter/blow up the price...

yes It will be more of a hassle to squeeze everything in...

yes you have to carefully buy the rest of your gear making sure it will fit and make some compromises...

yes it would have better airflow and expandability with a regular small atx case

but hey I save some bucks and it looks slicker... that should be the mentality for entering the mini ITX or mini ATX market... imho they got it the other way around... 

I think this market could blow up in userbase if it wasnt aimed at a niche like psychology comparable to audiophile market or similar markets that want you to spend $$$$$ for a small upgrade in usability or performance... 

and the case isnt even tiny for it to be more discrete than a regular case... the pci splitter is just an adapter you can find from china for a few bucks.. 

250$ to 300$ total cost just for the case + the hassle to squeeze everything in  is enough of a reason to just make a slightly bigger "classic" PC setup for a media center or a console killer... 

6 minutes ago, papajo said:

I stopped the video once checking the cost of the case 269$ + shipping ....

What's the point of making a small factor media center/console killer pc setup if you gonna sepnd as much as an entire console or a media center with and about the same size small ATX case just to buy the case? 

I think this market could blow up in userbase if it wasnt aimed at a niche like psychology comparable to audiophile market or similar markets that want you to spend $$$$$ for a small upgrade in usability or performance... 

and the case isnt even tiny for it to be more discrete than a regular case... the pci splitter is just an adapter you can find from china for a few bucks.. 

250$ is enough of a reason to just make a slightly bigger "classic" PC setup for a media center or a console killer... 

The video was never positioned as a budget build.  Most of these boutique ITX case manufacturers are small scale and cannot offer the same cost savings  you've come to expect from Silverstone or Coolermaster.  

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

The video was never positioned as a budget build.  Most of these boutique ITX case manufacturers are small scale and cannot offer the same cost savings  you've come to expect from Silverstone or Coolermaster.  

the issue is in general you cant find anything reasonably priced from those or other brands either... if you look at the mini ITX cases and similar formfactor cases you are looking at prices comparable to a very good quality full ATX case with all bells and wistles....