Speakers and headphones on jack problem

narniaftwxd

Hi, guys!

I have speakers (some nice Genius speakers) and headphones (Steelseries Arctis 1 Black) on jack but I can't use the speakers until I unplug the jack headphones.

Previously, I had some headphones which were working on USB and I could change between them from desktop by clicking on the sound thing (https://imgur.com/ikMjoEr) and then selecting which I wanted to do its job. (I could choose between Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio) and Speakers (2- USB Audio Device) and now I have only Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio). 

Is there any way to separate these two jacks in a software or something? :( 

If you have 10-15$ buy a Bluetooth adapter then it should show up in sound settings...

(plug the headphones into the bluetooth adapter then it should show up in sound settings )if not your just gonna have to live with unplugging each time. thats my advice and yes i know bluetooth has a little latency but if you can make it work it works :)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

2 hours ago, narniaftwxd said:

Hi, guys!

I have speakers (some nice Genius speakers) and headphones (Steelseries Arctis 1 Black) on jack but I can't use the speakers until I unplug the jack headphones.

Previously, I had some headphones which were working on USB and I could change between them from desktop by clicking on the sound thing (https://imgur.com/ikMjoEr) and then selecting which I wanted to do its job. (I could choose between Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio) and Speakers (2- USB Audio Device) and now I have only Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio). 

Is there any way to separate these two jacks in a software or something? :( 

The reason you could switch before is because those were separate audio devices.  Now your speakers and headphones are using the same audio device. That device just has multiple ports and is doing the switching in hardware using port detection.  If you want to be able switch in software you will need a separate audio device.

But don't get bluetooth, you can get a USB one and not deal with latency and BT compression.  

@geo3 so I can buy an USB-JACK adapter? It's around 5-6 euro. Is it affecting its performance or quality?

It's a romanian site, but I found this and it seems okay: https://www.emag.ro/adaptor-usb-2-0-pentru-casti-si-microfon-3-5mm-argintiu-hdmi067/pd/DPT7GKBBM/?X-Search-Id=f74512a1ab31d96ad104&X-Product-Id=24882227&X-Search-Page=1&X-Search-Position=4&X-Section=search&X-MB=0&X-Search-Action=view

13 hours ago, narniaftwxd said:

Is it affecting its performance or quality?

Yes it 100% will effect the quality of the sound, as it is the thing creating the sound in the first place.  Now if that will be a positive or negative or undetectable impact depends on the quality of the DAC/amp in that thing compared to what ever DAC/amp is in your PC. 

I personally wouldn't trust one that cheap.  

@SignatureSigner

@geo3

I did it without buying anything. (idk how this will work for others, but for MSI owners will do).

So, connect the headphones and speakers in the jacks, then, in the search bar, look for Realtek Audio Console (you have to install it + MSI's MOBO Drivers, which I already had, if you don't, install them!) and then, MSI's audio software will pop-up instead of Realtek's. 

You will have to click the settings (right up corner) and check the settings just like mine (the white arrows) and after doing this setting, you will see in the left 2 devices and now, at the sound manager in your taskbar, you'll have a 2nd Realtek Audio which is your headset :D (sorry it's not in English, it's in Romanian)

It might work the same for different MOBOs but you have to search for this setting.

Untitled.png