After 4 months of usage horizontal static bar are appearing when G-sync is enabled

Ishit Singh

After multiple hours of troubleshooting I'm finally able to find what was causing random horizontal static screen bar and sometimes GPU artifacts to appear when running fullscreen applications.

I had to restart my entire PC even after disabling Gsync in nvidia control panel and disabling Freesync ultimate engine in my monitor for these settings to actually get disabled.

Why are these artifacts appearing now after 4 months of usage though? Can anyone help me? Did running Gsync on Freesync monitor damaged my GPU?

Here are the pictures of artifacts-

1600886813414.thumb.jpg.906ff399048ccce33f8446f5725a0e23.jpg116466331_Screenshot2020-09-28213509.thumb.jpg.dc13eb3583cf1b26f1f2e6c95bc52be7.jpg

[EDIT] Nevermind....artifact still appear even after disabling freesync and gsync but instead of them appearing when i'm in game, they appear right when my monitor gets display output from GPU when booting. Right when monitor LCD power up and get signal from GPU.

This is the only picture I was able to take because artifact happen under half a sec

1601315602415.thumb.jpg.1587072ec5dd1c2d11298c65c85f8001.jpg

It could be a defect with the monitor. If it's still under warranty I highly suggest contacting the place you bought it from for a potential replacement.

6 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It could be a defect with the monitor. If it's still under warranty I highly suggest contacting the place you bought it from for a potential replacement.

I seriously hope its my monitor and not my 2080 gpu. The monitor is under warranty but I think I'll just buy Gsync monitor and sell my current one, I don't want this nightmare to repeat.

Just now, Ishit Singh said:

I seriously hope its my monitor and not my 2080 gpu. The monitor is under warranty but I think I'll just buy Gsync monitor and sell my current one, I don't want this nightmare to repeat.

In that case you could try to request a refund and get most if not all you money back instead of selling the monitor at a loss.

But Freesync is AMD's version of G-Sync. You are attempting to run a G-Sync video card(Nvidia) on Freesync (AMD)...I thought that was not possible unless someone else says otherwise. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

But Freesync is AMD's version of G-Sync. You are attempting to run a G-Sync video card(Nvidia) on Freesync (AMD)...I thought that was not possible unless someone else says otherwise. 

You can actually run Gsync on freesync monitor

4 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

In that case you could try to request a refund and get most if not all you money back instead of selling the monitor at a loss.

True, I'll give it a try