steelseries arctis 7 opinions?

RogerRoger

im looking to buy these and wanted to know if anyone has used or knows someone who used these and what their general opinions were in terms of positives and negatives

thank you !

They're horrible. What's your budget and where are you located?

Whats your use case? Do you prefer open or closed?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

They're horrible. What's your budget and where are you located?

Whats your use case? Do you prefer open or closed?

generally i prefer closed as there are people around me,

i have a budget of around 200$ for both a mic and a headset\headphones

and im from israel (currency is NIS)

out of curiosity, why are they so bad?

50 minutes ago, RogerRoger said:

generally i prefer closed as there are people around me,

i have a budget of around 200$ for both a mic and a headset\headphones

and im from israel (currency is NIS)

out of curiosity, why are they so bad?

They have weak drivers and the microphone sounds like it should be strapped to a diver in Mariana's trench 

How are the studio headphone options over there? Would you be able to pick up a pair of k371s or DT770's + a USB mic or attachable mic in that budget? 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

18 minutes ago, Slottr said:

They have weak drivers and the microphone sounds like it should be strapped to a diver in Mariana's trench 

How are the studio headphone options over there? Would you be able to pick up a pair of k371s or DT770's + a USB mic or attachable mic in that budget? 

I gotta say, both this and your previous comment made me laugh

in terms of selection im able to pick up far more than i expected though the k371s are not available (but there is always amazon though shipping prices are high nowadays) and likely almost everything besides an attachable mic.

but the price is jacked up by around 50$ sadly as the DT 770s + Attachable mic was my go to choice but its around 50-70$ above my price range. 

im thinking of either waiting for black friday or cyber monday for both and just using terrible 15$ earbuds in the meantime or getting just the DT 770's and the attachable mic later on.

i also remembered like an hour ago that we have a Blue Snowball we never used from like a year ago but its sort of broken so i might just send it back and replace it and just use that.

5 hours ago, RogerRoger said:

I gotta say, both this and your previous comment made me laugh

in terms of selection im able to pick up far more than i expected though the k371s are not available (but there is always amazon though shipping prices are high nowadays) and likely almost everything besides an attachable mic.

but the price is jacked up by around 50$ sadly as the DT 770s + Attachable mic was my go to choice but its around 50-70$ above my price range. 

im thinking of either waiting for black friday or cyber monday for both and just using terrible 15$ earbuds in the meantime or getting just the DT 770's and the attachable mic later on.

i also remembered like an hour ago that we have a Blue Snowball we never used from like a year ago but its sort of broken so i might just send it back and replace it and just use that.

Also to specify, you want the 80ohm version of the DT 770's not the 250ohm since they are much harder to drive.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

6 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

Also to specify, you want the 80ohm version of the DT 770's not the 250ohm since they are much harder to drive.

wow i was only looking at the 250 ohm because their the same price, thanks!