Please help, Laptop Screen has faint darkish line on left corner

Go to solution Solved by shoutingsteve,

Are you able to get into the BIOS, during the BIOS screen, you will be outside the windows environment and we can at least tell if it is hardware at that point.  If it persists int he bios screens, then it is a hardware problem.  if not, then it is an issue inside winodws and might just need a reinstall of the graphics drivers.

Help, i left my laptop connected to my samsung TV HDMI (but the TV is turned off) overnight and i when i checked my laptop in the morning, there are vertical darkish line on my laptop’s left and right screen corner. I have disconnected the HDMI and i have restarted my laptop but the problem persists.

any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. The laptop model is Asus Zenbook 13 UX333FA. The unit itself is still under warranty, but I’m hoping to solve this issue without sending the device for repair (ASUS Service Center is known to be very slow in my country and i need my laptop for my study). Thank you

8C8F9E17-C9D2-46A9-A76B-65D0450E0B12.jpeg

Are you able to get into the BIOS, during the BIOS screen, you will be outside the windows environment and we can at least tell if it is hardware at that point.  If it persists int he bios screens, then it is a hardware problem.  if not, then it is an issue inside winodws and might just need a reinstall of the graphics drivers.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

15 hours ago, shoutingsteve said:

15 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

i think its a driver issue

if not then you have to send it to ASUS

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I tried entering bios and the problem still persists. I decided to send my device to ASUS Service Center and they said the replacement process could take anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks. They said that this problem should be covered by the device's 24 months warranty too and I won't be charged. I will give some updates after ASUS replaced or fixed(?) my device. Thank you guys

13 minutes ago, Chris414 said:

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I tried entering bios and the problem still persists. I decided to send my device to ASUS Service Center and they said the replacement process could take anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks. They said that this problem should be covered by the device's 24 months warranty too and I won't be charged. I will give some updates after ASUS replaced or fixed(?) my device. Thank you guys

Yeah don't forget to post out the result

On 9/28/2020 at 2:40 PM, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Yeah don't forget to post out the result

On 9/29/2020 at 2:14 AM, shoutingsteve said:

Don't forget to backup your drive, all sorts of stuff can go wrong in the repairs center.

So after waiting for a week or so, My laptop has been repaired free of charge by ASUS :). They replaced the whole LCD module and it looks brand new.

A little problem though, when they replaced my display, it seems that they didn't reconnect my Left speaker and the keyboard backlit cable properly. They send me the device back and I'm unable to use the backlit keyboard and there is some crackling noise from the left speaker. I sent the device back to ASUS once again and it is the problem is repaired the following day. finally my laptop is now problem free :) 

Thank you very much guys

10 hours ago, Chris414 said:

So after waiting for a week or so, My laptop has been repaired free of charge by ASUS :). They replaced the whole LCD module and it looks brand new.

A little problem though, when they replaced my display, it seems that they didn't reconnect my Left speaker and the keyboard backlit cable properly. They send me the device back and I'm unable to use the backlit keyboard and there is some crackling noise from the left speaker. I sent the device back to ASUS once again and it is the problem is repaired the following day. finally my laptop is now problem free :) 

Thank you very much guys

Glad to Help!!