Dell Latitude 3410

RockyRZ

Does anyone have any info on this laptop, I wanna know if the screen isn’t crap and if it’s good for programming classes.

MacBook Air M1 / Steam Deck

2 minutes ago, RockyRZ said:

Does anyone have any info on this laptop, I wanna know if the screen isn’t crap and if it’s good for programming classes.

On Dell's website it looks pretty decent enough for simple programming and other office-like work. You can spec it how you want and if you're sure on this particular one, I'd get at least the i5 with 8GB of RAM. Anything less might run slower than you'd like.

I do plan on getting at least 8gigs of RAM but I’m tired of dealing with horrible panels/screens.

Just now, Stylized_Violence said:

On Dell's website it looks pretty decent enough for simple programming and other office-like work. You can spec it how you want and if you're sure on this particular one, I'd get at least the i5 with 8GB of RAM. Anything less might run slower than you'd like.

5 minutes ago, RockyRZ said:

I do plan on getting at least 8gigs of RAM but I’m tired of dealing with horrible panels/screens.

Well it looks like a standard 60Hz panel, couldn't find much info on exactly who makes it or specifics like color accuracy, but Dell usually has decent panels overall from what I hear.

10 minutes ago, RockyRZ said:

Where are you located and how much can you spend? Afaik that laptop has a crappy 1366x768 TN screen that absolutely sucks.

8 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Where are you located and how much can you spend? Afaik that laptop has a crappy 1366x768 TN screen that absolutely sucks.

I’m in Puerto Rico and I have about $1,000 given by the government to spend on select computers.