Hopefully not dumb question about ROG Rig Reboot 2020

I told my daughter about the ROG Rig Reboot 2020 earlier in the week. She was complaining about her PC and not being able to game competitively recently, plus she does digital art stuff, so figured she might care. Her Huion pen was broken, so she did the animation with just a mouse.   She created a video which should've satisfied the video requirements here --> https://gleam.io/cbeo9/asus-rog-rig-reboot-2020, 30-60 sec max, show the rig, tell why she deserves to win, hashtag in description & be creative.   She's now freaking out because she didn't think it was submitted correctly. She sees on the gleam.io site that there are 3413 entries, but neither myself or she remembers something to 'click' and participate. I also just figured someone was going to comb through YouTube via #ROGRigReboot20 and review them individually. Seemed insane, but didn't see another way.   QUESTION: Was there some link on Gleam.IO where you officially were supposed to submit your entry? Or was posting it on YouTube with the hashtag sufficient enough?

Edited by LogicalDrm
Video removed

To enter the competition, you needed to post the video on youtube and fill out the gleam form which was in the video description. It had you link to the video and fill in some other details (I believe, I never actually applied). I believe they do this so they have contact information for the winners and potentially so they can ensure that all entrants meet the deadline. Unfortunately, I do not think they go through the youtube videos with the hashtag so unless you filled out the form, I do not think the submission would be considered. 

Sorry for the bad news, the video was great and looked like it took alot of hard work.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

31 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

To enter the competition, you needed to post the video on youtube and fill out the gleam form which was in the video description. It had you link to the video and fill in some other details (I believe, I never actually applied). I believe they do this so they have contact information for the winners and potentially so they can ensure that all entrants meet the deadline. Unfortunately, I do not think they go through the youtube videos with the hashtag so unless you filled out the form, I do not think the submission would be considered. 

Sorry for the bad news, the video was great and looked like it took alot of hard work.

Oh shit, she's going to be crushed. Thanks for replying.

Just now, DaveBetTech said:

Oh shit, she's going to be crushed. Thanks for replying.

@CPotter

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Thanks again. I think she was prepared for not winning (I also tried to prepare her for that), but not getting her entry in the competition to be considered is going to be bad. I'll just tell her the news tomorrow.

I used the competition to get her revved up about creating animations again, but screwed the pooch on this one. I should've caught that detail for her. Well, sh*t.

I absolutely don't expect this, but if a bored LTT person wanted to say "Nice job, but we're going with another contestant. Thanks for the video!", that would be super helpful. I 100% don't expect it (nor would they likely even read this), but figured it wouldn't hurt to post. Don't want to appear entitled or begging, especially when it was a misunderstanding on my/our part.

2 hours ago, DaveBetTech said:

I used the competition to get her revved up about creating animations again, but screwed the pooch on this one. I should've caught that detail for her. Well, sh*t.

Sorry to hear you've missed out, while I'm not part of LMG either I agree with @zeusthemoose, was an excellent effort and must have taken a good amount of time to do, nice job 👍

*** Thread locked ***

Please use the official competition thread for any discussion and questions. Posting competition entries outside of that thread is not allowed (our rules about advertising are still in effect).

Like said, the form has place for video link and IIRC YouTube channel too. I can't access it this year to verify.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv