Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

connecting a 2 fan cpu cooler to a single cpu-fan connector on the MoBo

hello everyone guys,

as by the title and as you can see from my signature, I have a MSI b450m pro vdh max motherboard which features x1 cpu-cooler-fan connector (4 pins, where the amd wraith cooler is currently connected) and 2 system fans (4 pins as well).

Now, the point is: I have bought a cpu-cooler with 2 fans on it and at the same time a AsRock B450M Pro4 which has two cpu-fan connectors and 3 system fans connectors.

Now, I am not very sure about switching from the MSI one to the AsRock, even if it looks better on paper.

So my question is: if I keep the Msi can I use a sort of fan-hub to connect two cpu fans instead of one???

How do I do that? I have noticed that several fan hub require that you connect a cpu fan first:in conclusion: I really didn't understand how they work and if I can do that

thanks

You can just use a fan-splitter cable, they come in 3 packs for around €5. 

ah ok, so you mean that I connect the splitter Y cable to the cpu-fan connector and then connect two fans instead of one ..

and what about system fans if I want to install more than one? can I do the same thing?

will i need additional power though?

thanks

1 minute ago, Travel_91 said:

ah ok, so you mean that I connect the splitter Y cable to the cpu-fan connector and then connect two fans instead of one ..

and what about system fans if I want to install more than one? can I do the same thing?

thanks

I have a cooler with dual fans, it came with a splitter cable.

You can do the same with system fans, just don't exceed the rated amps on the header. (Usually 1a but check your info) most fans are about 0.2a so max is generally 3.

thanks very much for both your answers..

so in the end: which one do you think is better between the mobos?

not just on paper but based on real experience in case

thanks