Would like pc for Gaming/schoolwork

ajspeedy5
1 minute ago, ajspeedy5 said:

I do like the list, But i would likely want a 500 Gb SSD to store windows and bios (just to give room to expand) then a HHD for games and schoolwork files. Any parts you would reccomend?

Why? Hard drives are significantly slower and you'll be spending more on 1.5TB than just a single SSD

BIOS is stored on the motherboard.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Why? Hard drives are significantly slower and you'll be spending more on 1.5TB than just a single SSD

BIOS is stored on the motherboard.

Oh yeah I'm dumb. I guess that the single 1 tb SSD should work.

It's overpriced for $35, and the stock cooler will do an okay job at cooling.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Alrighty. PCpart picker says it'll likely need an adapter, but I'm really not sure where to look. I'm also feeling a bit lost when it comes to wireless networking. I can't really get Ethernet all the way from my router to where the pc will be living.

Alrighty. PCpart picker says it'll likely need an adapter, but I'm really not sure where to look. I'm also feeling a bit lost when it comes to wireless networking. I can't really get Ethernet all the way from my router to where the pc will be living.

Look for a pci-e wifi card with wi-fi 5 or 6 support.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QDyqqs/ziyituod-zyt-ax200-pcie-x1-80211abgnacax-wi-fi-adapter-zyt-ax200

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Very nice. Thanks for all of you guy's help, but one last question: What would I need for a mounting adapter to get the cooler on the motherboard?

On 9/24/2020 at 8:17 PM, ajspeedy5 said:

Budget (including currency): 1200-1300 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Basic gaming/schoolwork/programming (java, python, nothing super demanding for now). For gaming, most likely rdr2, COD, Rainbow 6, minecraft, eve, Oxygen not included.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Currently I have been using a laptop for everything (including gaming), and having found myself a good job, I have acquired some cash to put towards a PC, as my laptop cant even get a smooth 30 fps on most games released within the last 5 years. I've been working on a parts list for my first build going into senior year of high school. I need something that can be used for gaming as well as schoolwork. For this PC, I believe that I just need to determine my power supply, but any suggestions are very welcome.

IF ANYONE FEELS LIKE CREATING A BRAND NEW COMPUTER, FEEL FREE

I am completely fine with any sort of comments, criticisms, help, or any other way I can learn more about building a PC. I just need information.

Here is my current part list (currently probably looking pretty yucky to veteran PC builders):

Cant put a 2nd gen Ryzen on a 500 series mobo. It wont work