My laptop cannot be wiped for some reason.

So I bought a laptop about a year ago and it cost £300 (at time of purchase) from Currys PC World and the laptop turned out to be crap, I did absolutely no research on it and I just bought it because I liked the colour. Apparently, the laptop is only worth £50 so I wanted to sell it but I can't wipe my data. Every time I set it to wipe the data, I would try and do the longer option, (cleaning the drive) and after about half an hour the laptop would forget what it's doing and abandon the task. I have tried at least 15 times several different ways, none of them have worked. Please help!

Here is the laptop:

https://business.currys.co.uk/catalogue/computing/laptops/windows-laptop/hp-15-ba077sa-15-6-laptop-teal/N164506W

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, MrDBD said:

Thanks

one word: DBAN

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Seriously, listen to Radium_Angel. The Windows "wipe" option is really not that good, get a spare flash drive and put DBAN on it and let it run overnight (it's going to take a while, that's what happends when you really wanna make sure nothing stays on your drive).

Ok so I was researching this on Google. You have to have another Windows 10 key right? Yeah, well I don't have another Windows 10 key what should I do?

3 hours ago, MrDBD said:

Ok so I was researching this on Google. You have to have another Windows 10 key right? Yeah, well I don't have another Windows 10 key what should I do?

For what?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

For what?

He probably doesn't want to sell the laptop without activated windows.

There is usually a product key stored in the bios on laptops. Maybe double check with something like showkeyplus.

And will this key work when I reinstall Windows 10?

2 hours ago, MrDBD said:

And will this key work when I reinstall Windows 10?

The key should automatically apply during installation. IIRC some people need to use activation troubleshooting or manually put it in, though.