I need help with case fans

Hi, I am new in this forum, I want to add my case 3 fans but I am not sure if they will control their speed because I will use a fan splitter (because I only have 1 system-fan), is a good idea use the fan splitter or should I get a hub fan controller (wich one?)? (Btw, the fans might be some Arctic F14/ Coolermaster sickflow 12blue  or Noctua NF-P12 redux because my budget is like 40-50 usd) (Sorry for my grammar)

You'll need to verify the current draw limits of your motherboard. For most boards, it's 1 amp. Usually 2-3 fans per header is ok.

As long as your board has voltage or PWM speed control, both fans will follow the speed set by the motherboard. The only limitation of the splitter is that the motherboard can only see the rpm reported of one fan, not both.

I'd recommend Arctic P14 fans or P12. The Noctua redux line is also good. I'm not familiar with the cooler master fans. Depending on your region, you can get a 5 pack of Arctic P12 fans on Amazon for ~$35 usd.

You can also run 2 pairs of fans using your CPU and system fan headers. In case you are worried about using 3 fans on one header.

18 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

You'll need to verify the current draw limits of your motherboard. For most boards, it's 1 amp. Usually 2-3 fans per header is ok.

As long as your board has voltage or PWM speed control, both fans will follow the speed set by the motherboard. The only limitation of the splitter is that the motherboard can only see the rpm reported of one fan, not both.

I'd recommend Arctic P14 fans or P12. The Noctua redux line is also good. I'm not familiar with the cooler master fans. Depending on your region, you can get a 5 pack of Arctic P12 fans on Amazon for ~$35 usd.

You can also run 2 pairs of fans using your CPU and system fan headers. In case you are worried about using 3 fans on one header.

So should I get the HUB fan to see all the RPM reported?

Btw, seems like here in my region the arctic p14 are no avaliable

(Ps, my motherboard is a b85m-ds3h-a from Gigabyte)

21 minutes ago, Moth254KF said:

So should I get the HUB fan to see all the RPM reported?

Btw, seems like here in my region the arctic p14 are no avaliable

(Ps, my motherboard is a b85m-ds3h-a from Gigabyte)

That's up to you. I don't personally care what the reported RPM is on each fan. If the fans are the same model on the same splitter, they are going to be within 10% of each other. Having RPM monitoring is nice to have for water cooling, so you know if your pump dies, but it's pretty easy to see if fans aren't spinning.

I looked at the manual and didn't see an amp rating for the fan headers. You could ask gigabyte, but you're probably safe to assume 1 amp.

5 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

That's up to you. I don't personally care what the reported RPM is on each fan. If the fans are the same model on the same splitter, they are going to be within 10% of each other. Having RPM monitoring is nice to have for water cooling, so you know if your pump dies, but it's pretty easy to see if fans aren't spinning.

I looked at the manual and didn't see an amp rating for the fan headers. You could ask gigabyte, but you're probably safe to assume 1 amp.

I did more research so the HUB fan can't read all RPM only can read one, homewer, the most important is I found that my mobo can supports 12 V, and is a VCC and in the manual says that it can't handle jumpers

10 hours ago, Moth254KF said:

I did more research so the HUB fan can't read all RPM only can read one, homewer, the most important is I found that my mobo can supports 12 V, and is a VCC and in the manual says that it can't handle jumpers

No fan header will handle jumpers. You'll just short the pins and kill the fan header, or worse. They just say that in the manual because new builders might mistake the row of pins for a set of pins designed to be jumped, like old HDDs needed to be for master/slave use.

12V is the standard for fans, though you can get 5v fans for certain uses.

VCC is just the pin that has voltage at it. In this case, 12V.

Amp rating will tell you how many fans it can handle, but like I said before, you're probably safe to assume 1 amp. If you find a fan that doesn't label amp draw, but does state wattage, just divide wattage by 12V to find amperage.

If you want to be on the safe side, use a hub if you want more than 2 fans on a single header.

10 hours ago, Demonic Donut said:

No fan header will handle jumpers. You'll just short the pins and kill the fan header, or worse. They just say that in the manual because new builders might mistake the row of pins for a set of pins designed to be jumped, like old HDDs needed to be for master/slave use.

12V is the standard for fans, though you can get 5v fans for certain uses.

VCC is just the pin that has voltage at it. In this case, 12V.

Amp rating will tell you how many fans it can handle, but like I said before, you're probably safe to assume 1 amp. If you find a fan that doesn't label amp draw, but does state wattage, just divide wattage by 12V to find amperage.

If you want to be on the safe side, use a hub if you want more than 2 fans on a single header.

I think I would use the HUB to be safe, DeepCool  FH4 is good? because the Arctict P12 uses .8 AMP

13 hours ago, Moth254KF said:

I think I would use the HUB to be safe, DeepCool  FH4 is good? because the Arctict P12 uses .8 AMP

Arctic P12 is 0.08 per fan. You could put ten on your header and be under an amp.

13 hours ago, Demonic Donut said:

Arctic P12 is 0.08 per fan. You could put ten on your header and be under an amp.

Nice, I would use 3 fans