Making Nvidia’s CEO mad

3 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

Sponsors don't work that way, and we didn't say anything to them either way (the unit is older-gen).

Ah, just me and conspiracy theories then. Good to know. 

4 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

The 850W unit was a SeaSonic PRIME Platinum SSR-850PD

Was it shutdown issues that you guys experienced?

35 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

why anybody actually cares about 8K gaming

because it is mentioned as an argument to promote the GPU by your own video you even used it as a reason for having double the ram... dont talk about it and people wont talk about it either 

EDIT: although there is a reason to care since there are game applications that need it (e.g enthusiast VR sets and multimonitor simulators ) that this 1500$ still cant stratify. maybe we need an other 4 years when those things get obsolete and then praise the new NVidia GPU that will cost 2000$ and finally is able to drive those things.. lol 

35 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

Our conclusion was that nobody outside of the niche enthusiast and maybe very complex 3D modeling space should even consider the card, so I'm not sure why people think we're trying to market the thing

well maybe because you spend most of the video's time praising the card using catchphrases to promote it and shadowing or ignoring its downsides. I mean if this video is considered by your eyes as a criticism towards nvidia or that particular GPU then I wonder how promotional videos would look like in your eyes? linus getting a leather jacket with the nvidia logo trying to convince people that its a better investment to buy the 3090 than buying gold ? :P

57 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Ah, just me and conspiracy theories then. Good to know. 

Was it shutdown issues that you guys experienced?

Yeah, hard shutdown.

29 minutes ago, papajo said:

stuff

If that's how you see it, there's no helping it. I try to find the good in everything I bench, so if being jaded and cynical is what's needed to be seen as impartial, then I guess we'll always be shills.

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

19 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

Yeah, hard shutdown.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Allways nice to get answers for this kind of stuff. Keep up the good work!

Edit: checked with @LukeSavenije, Prime hasnt had a notable change internally. So the version you guys are using is likely the same as the one currently sold. He checked with his rep in 2019. Things may have changed, tho not as far as he is aware. 

1 hour ago, GabenJr said:

If that's how you see it, there's no helping it. I try to find the good in everything I bench, so if being jaded and cynical is what's needed to be seen as impartial, then I guess we'll always be shills.

I believe I argued as to why I see the things the way I see them and could argue some more and obviously I could change my mind if I get valid counter arguments which this reply contains none because it's a platitude. 

But to elaborate with your point of view since I am not here to diss you (yes my perspective for this particular video doesnt flatter you but it is a direct outcome of logical thoughts what I mean to say is that I do not decide if I should be with you against you or neutral, it is a matter of how I evaluate what I see, in other instances in the past I saw things which made favorable conclusions for ltt and I mentioned those as well. It's not about feelings in other words its about how I process facts) 

What you said depends on what you try to be. Are you (or the channel you write for) a tech journalist? A promoter? 

Are you or this channel about philosophy? consumers? marketing?  etc you have to have a perspective

Trying to find good things in life is a good way to lead your life but a bad approach if you are supposed to be a pro consumer tech journalist. 

And also its much easier to find good things in something than to actually evaluate and give it a context towards a said perspective. 

One can say that the atomic bombings in Japan that killed so many civilians were a good thing because they ended the war faster.. see how easy it is to find good things? I just made a massacre look like something benevolent good job for me if I try to live a zen lifestyle... bad job if I was a political journalist. 

And to return at the subject at hand.. you did more than just find the good things.. I mean claiming that fake 8k (via 1440p dlss) is better looking than 4K especially in the footage you provided is just wrong (unless you mismatched the labels and 4k was the cut in the middle instead of the one on the left) that is not finding the good things in something that is plainly misleading the dlss cut was obviously blurrier/lower quality. 

On 9/24/2020 at 3:25 PM, Quadriplegic said:

I think it is safe to say that there won't be 3080 Ti, despite what some people were suggesting. I guess the 20 GB version of 3080 won't be any faster either.

Tho Nvidia will probably release card that is even faster than 3090 in a year or so.

You can be sure they have the GPU´s that will be released 3 Years from now on their testbenches at this moment.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

This video review kinda irritated me; not because of what was said, but the way Nvidia has marketed their 30-Series to potential buyers.

I both play games and do 3D work for them, and indie developers like me are constantly faced with a problem.  GeForce is great for playing games, but gets stuffy when you try doing CAD/3D animation work or programming, because for some of us, THAT IS "content creation".  Then we have Quadro, which is great at animation or programming, but if what you are testing is a game project, it's obviously not optimised to mimic the requirements of a gaming GPU...

Not all of us can afford a TITAN and, quite frankly, indies shouldn't be exepected to invest a fortune just to get a GPU that satisfies both camps.  The TITAN capabilities on the 3090 should be enabled, to at least offer low-budget content creators/makers like us an olive branch.