Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 10 pro 64bit retail

Hello guys one question i want to format my computer with windows media creation tool i buy before 4-5 months a key for windows 10 pro retail version if i format i will still have it ? i mean i don't have to put it again back or buy different key right ? 

thanks everyone for help hope you have a wonderful day! 

You might need to re-enter the key again unless you tied your account to a microsoft account which you'll use to sign in when you reinstall.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 9/24/2020 at 6:53 AM, KappaGod23 said:

Hello guys one question i want to format my computer with windows media creation tool i buy before 4-5 months a key for windows 10 pro retail version if i format i will still have it ? i mean i don't have to put it again back or buy different key right ? 

thanks everyone for help hope you have a wonderful day! 

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to format a system and use the retail key you purchased 4-5 months ago? Shouldn't be a problem.

As long as there isn't a major hardware change, such as a motherboard being swapped out, Microsoft ties your key to the hardware of your system. So if you bought a Windows 10 Pro key, used it on your system and later formatted it, Windows should activate it without issue. But keep it handy just in case, it can always be entered manually from Settings. If your ultimate goal is to upgrade to Pro from Home, a format is not needed.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | RAM: Crucial 16GB @ 1866MHz |

GPU: EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VII | 

Monitor: ROG Swift P278Q | Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX | PSU: Seasonic 860W