how long will the 1660ti last?

DarthBudgie

just bought one in December of 2019 and was wondering if its gonna be good for tripple a games for 1080p for the next however many years?

Just now, DarthBudgie said:

just bought one in December of 2019 and was wondering if its gonna be good for tripple a games for 1080p for the next however many years?

My GTX 970 (which my brother is now using @ 2560x1080) still handles AAA games at 60fps just fine, and since the 1660ti is a lot more powerful with more vRAM (and a better configuration) it's more than good enough to last several years. It is just behind my GTX 1070 as well, which is still fantastic for 1080p gaming.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

My GTX 970 (which my brother is now using @ 2560x1080) still handles AAA games at 60fps just fine, and since the 1660ti is a lot more powerful with more vRAM (and a better configuration) it's more than good enough to last several years. It is just behind my GTX 1070 as well, which is still fantastic for 1080p gaming.

its also paired with a 2700x i forgot to mention 

51 minutes ago, DarthBudgie said:

its also paired with a 2700x i forgot to mention 

It will still be fine. My old 970 is being used with an i5 3570K and that's worse in newer AAA games. One thing that I do recommend in the future though is upgrading to a 3700X if you will also be able to sell the 2700X at the same time. The performance gap is huge - even the R5 3600 would be better as there aren't that many tasks where a 2700X is faster than it, despite having an extra 2 cores/4 threads.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, DarthBudgie said:

Until you're happy with the performance (my Intel HD 2500 has lasted for last 8 years)