Lian Li pc-o11-dynamic and Corsair H115i Pro

StrafeJog

Getting the case delivered today and I'm moving my build out from the awful Corsair 570X.

Finally, I'd like to be able to mount the AIO at the top of the new case (Corsair don't design cases for this if you happen to have one of the many motherboards where the EPS power header is at the top of the motherboard).

With the Lian Li, I'd like to make use of the 3 side intake fan slots, as reviews have shown that this provides by far the best cooling. However, the air is brought against the side panel and then bounces 90 degrees into the rest of the case.

This, to me, suggests that having the AIO fans mounted as intake would do nothing but create turbulence and harm both CPU and GPU cooling.

My idea is to have the AIO fans mounted as exhaust, instead, which will slightly harm cooling performance, but to be honest it has to be better than the way that the AIO is currently botched onto the 3 front fans in the 570X.

Does that make sense?

15 minutes ago, StrafeJog said:

My idea is to have the AIO fans mounted as exhaust, instead, which will slightly harm cooling performance, but to be honest it has to be better than the way that the AIO is currently botched onto the 3 front fans in the 570X.

Does that make sense?

Yes, absolutely. Most top rads are mounted as intake, including Rainbow 🦆 2020 build log in my signature (same case, slightly different cooler)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Yes, absolutely. Most top rads are mounted as intake, including Rainbow 🦆 2020 build log in my signature (same case, slightly different cooler)

So to be clear, intake at top will still be fine in this case?

2 minutes ago, StrafeJog said:

So to be clear, intake at stop will still be fine in this case?

Technically, but I'd them recommend side exhaust instead. 

Your case should always have some amount of fans exhausting hot air as you do having fans intake air. At least, if you want to be efficient as moving air through the case

20200802_145013.thumb.jpg.79f6079a683c6566770fd4bfa40a28c4.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

See, this is what I was debating. The case is designed to bring air in through the sides. I think it would do better with side intake and AIO exhaust, even if it does mean bringing slightly warm air from the GPU through the radiator.

Side question - did you get a vertical gpu bracket with the case?

1 hour ago, StrafeJog said:

Side question - did you get a vertical gpu bracket with the case?

Purchased separately. You can read all about it in the build Log ;)