Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wan show playing in the background of a car crash

Ha, nice catch! You must have been paying more attention than that Hyundai driver.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I watch this youtube channel that post dashcam crash videoes, this one has the wan show playing in on of the cars.

Edit: Damn, could not see there was another post :3

Operator @ Norsk Helsenett SF. Our mission is to deliver and develop a secure, robust and appropriate national ICT infrastructure for effective interaction between healthcare and healthcare professionals.

Hey guys, im not sure if this is the right place to post this or not so if it isn't then i do apologize to the mods before hand.

Well i was just laying back on my couch browsing through Youtube when i came across a video posted on the Dashcam Owner's Australia page.  Watching the video it shows a vehicle traveling down a road where upon reaching an intersection a small Hyundai pulls out instead of waiting causing the vehicle with the right of way to slam into the side.  Now the funny part thing isn't the accident itself but the fact that the guy was listening to the Wan Show, you can clearly hear Linus speaking about SLI.

I just thought i'd share it for you guys to check out (and hopefully Linus gets to see the carnage his show caused aswell 😂)  

Edit: Oops my bad, seems somebody else has already posted this up, sorry for the multiple posts, mods please delete.

Edited by TigzyGee

Multiple threads merged. We don't need 4 separate threads discussing the same thing.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I hope everyone involved is alright. An interesting coincidence re: The WAN Show, but I don't /see/ anything funny here.

A car crash like that isn't fun...  good catch though. 

I hope the drivers of both cars are ok.  Looks like it considering photos were taken.   

I'm sure he will find it difficult to listen to any podcast in the car again without getting flashbacks.  Can be pretty gnarly the next few months after a nasty car crash.

According to the video description, the van driver is okay. The Hyundai driver was taken to hospital but looked okay at the scene.

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Multiple threads merged. We don't need 4 separate threads discussing the same thing.

I nearly had an out of body experience reading this thread until I realized that it was several threads merged together 🤯 

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger                        Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1                       Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G                 Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO                     Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo              MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200              16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2                    WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              MSI RTX 2080 Super            MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80Plus Gold        EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD PSU

A driver down in Australia was listening to the WAN show when a van pulls out in front of him. You can hear both Linus's & Luck's voice in the dash-cam's video. They were discussing the killing of SLI. Supposedly no one was seriously injured which makes this amusing to laugh at 😂

Hardware Unboxed also tweeted it

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

Ha, nice catch! You must have been paying more attention than that Hyundai driver.

Wouldn't that Hyundai driver be more of what you Australians call a D head? Overtaking a bunch of queued right turners, that driver knew what they were doing 100%. 

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.20 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB / 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e (Android 10)

22 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Wouldn't that Hyundai driver be more of what you Australians call a D head?

Yes, but if you've ever watched dash cam owners Australia YouTube channel you'll know everyone on the road is a f'ing d'head. They do monthly collections of the best clips that get sent in. Always a few there.

Big oof.

Quinnell - PC Gaming Enthusiast / Patriot

br.quinnell.io | Belligerent Renegades (American Gaming Clan)

I came across this car crash video on youtube today.  It seems that the driver was listening to the WAN show when the accident occured.  

Have a watch...

i went to aus for 2 months

my most stressful driving experience ever.

animals coming out of nowhere, idiot drivers, cant go below speed limit or you get stared at, cant go above because obvious reason

having a rental car doesnt help either.

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

I think they just really wanted to blame people like Linus for SLI disappearing.

Video footage of a viewer killing SLI

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

Bikers fault 

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 3600  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GL650F-B  |

Work Rig - AMD Ryzen 3 3200G  |  ASUS X570-P Prime  |  32GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  MSI GTX 1650 GDDR6  |  WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe  |  WD Blue 500GB SATA  |  Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SATA  |  Corsair TX650  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

I was so confused when i saw this. I thought youtube was bugging out when i heard the Wan Show