Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I have had my gaming laptop for around 2 years and recently I have been having an issue when running games where the computer keeps switching to battery power, it does this switching for up to 10 seconds then stops, but does it around every 3 mins. Sometimes when it does it too much the laptop just fully switches it off. I have contacted the manufacturer (metabox) and they said that under their warranty they would ship me a new charger. Will this fix the issue?

3 minutes ago, Vader11598y8y89 said:

So I have had my gaming laptop for around 2 years and recently I have been having an issue when running games where the computer keeps switching to battery power, it does this switching for up to 10 seconds then stops, but does it around every 3 mins. Sometimes when it does it too much the laptop just fully switches it off. I have contacted the manufacturer (metabox) and they said that under their warranty they would ship me a new charger. Will this fix the issue?

It probably is the charger yes. Also just in general dust it out to make sure it isn't due to heat issues that it's switching off the charging circuit.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

It probably is the charger yes. Also just in general dust it out to make sure it isn't due to heat issues that it's switching off the charging circuit.

This issue only happens when I am in intensive situations in games

any reason not to trust the manufacturers fix?....
as you mention its under warranty so if it doesnt fix it tell them and let them handle it.

19 minutes ago, Vader11598y8y89 said:

This issue only happens when I am in intensive situations in games

probably charger issue, it cant supply enough power to the laptop when it's fully loaded (shouldn't happen)

have had that happen to my asus laptop when i used a 60W charger to replace my 120W for half a day, charger kept connecting and disconnecting when under load, idle it's fine

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

probably charger issue, it cant supply enough power to the laptop when it's fully loaded (shouldn't happen)

have had that happen to my asus laptop when i used a 60W charger to replace my 120W for half a day, charger kept connecting and disconnecting when under load, idle it's fine

i use the charger they gave me so maybe the charger has just degraded over time???

4 minutes ago, Vader11598y8y89 said:

i use the charger they gave me so maybe the charger has just degraded over time???

perhaps, but normally they would give you one with a ton of headroom

just use the new charger, see if it's still a problem

if not, let them know

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.