Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello

 

I am connected to Ethernet but there isn't any internet and this problem keeps occurring randomly day by day. It does however comeback and I checked the router settings and network adapter and it still doesn't work. 

 

I did all what the Microsoft Forums and even other youtube videos, reinstalling drivers and scanning for malware using BitDefender, Avast and Malwarebytes but all of them still results to it having ethernet connected but no internet and I have to use a WI-FI adapter to access the net.

 

Is it time now to reinstall/clean install my operating system to it should be?

 

pls send help :<< 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it works with Wifi adapter, I would say its hardware before OS issue. Like busted Ethernet jack on mobo. Or that drivers for that are somehow not working properly. You pretty much rule out OS as issue if you can use another adapter to connect with.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

If it works with Wifi adapter, I would say its hardware before OS issue. Like busted Ethernet jack on mobo. Or that drivers for that are somehow not working properly. You pretty much rule out OS as issue if you can use another adapter to connect with.

I used the new drivers fo realtek, the 2020 one and it did work then it came back again

 

I now however install the recommended driver from the mobo's site (ASUS H110m-d) and all I can say is that it worked but im still skeptical on whats goin on wth my os

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Martin Jr. Nalugon said:

I used the new drivers fo realtek, the 2020 one and it did work then it came back again

 

I now however install the recommended driver from the mobo's site (ASUS H110m-d) and all I can say is that it worked but im still skeptical on whats goin on wth my os

That sounds even more hardware and driver thing than OS. Some networking chips are customized by mobo manufacturers and work best, or only, with drivers from mobo manufacturers site. As those drivers are then verified to work on that mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

That sounds even more hardware and driver thing than OS. Some networking chips are customized by mobo manufacturers and work best, or only, with drivers from mobo manufacturers site. As those drivers are then verified to work on that mobo.

I'll let the driver from asus mobo site to run and see if there are any problems tomorrow, ill update this as soon as I see that the internet randomly disconnects though it is connected via ethernet

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×