PC reset (compete wipe) has been stuck on 20% for the past 3 hours

Alex Biebel

Hi all, my I decided to restart on a clean slate today because my pc was acting up. I selected the total wipe and have been waiting for roughly 2 hours now. It was going smoothly up until 20% then it just stopped. It’s been there for and entire hour and I don’t know what to think of it. I’ve never done it before and I’m worried it may have crashed. Any help is appreciated

For context, I built a 2nd pc for a second house (parents divorced) and wanted to sync data. Data sync got fucked up and decided to reset and clear the HDD (Seagate 2tb 7200rpm 256mb cashe)

image.jpg

25 minutes ago, Alex Biebel said:

Hi all, my I decided to restart on a clean slate today because my pc was acting up. I selected the total wipe and have been waiting for roughly 2 hours now. It was going smoothly up until 20% then it just stopped. It’s been there for and entire hour and I don’t know what to think of it. I’ve never done it before and I’m worried it may have crashed. Any help is appreciated

For context, I built a 2nd pc for a second house (parents divorced) and wanted to sync data. Data sync got fucked up and decided to reset and clear the HDD (Seagate 2tb 7200rpm 256mb cashe)

I would not recommend using the Reset This PC feature. If your system is that "messed up" to require a fresh start, I don't trust the local image that process is using for a reinstall is not corrupted in some way. Now I'm not sure if Windows does what macOS does and downloads a fresh copy of the OS over. So I would take the safer route and create a new Windows install USB, format the drive, then do a fresh install that way. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580