What can I expect from this machine?

Chiyawa

Hi,

I'm building my sister a PC gaming, and she had given me this specs to work with. I wonder what can I get with the games she is intend to play.

First of all, the setup for her gaming:

- Panasonic 55inch 4k 60Hz TV (I can set the TV to go for PC mode)

- Will be gaming in 1080p, 1440p and usually 4k (Visual is a must, means beautiful quality image is a top priority. HDR supports is a bonus)

- Refresh rate might be adjusted to run at 30Hz in the TV (she has motion sickness when the frame move too smooth, not sure how or why), but I will be gaming at full fps if possible in 4k (even though the TV support up to 60Hz refresh rate)

The system (this is what she can afford at the time of writing):

- CPU: Intel Core i5 10400(F) (may upgrade to Core i7 in the future)

- RAM: 2x 8GB Branded (any brand) 3200MHz (with or without RGB) 10ns CL

- Gigabyte WindForce 3 RTX 2070 Super (RTX3070 will be super expensive and won't arrive in Malaysia until November/December, judging how RTX 3080 market is currently in right now)

- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX

- SATA SSD for boot drive and SATA HDD for game library, may use M2 NVMe SSD in the future

- Windows 10 Home

So, games that she intended to play (my sister is a little Tomboyish, so... Yeah, she is not going to play cutesy wootsy games):

- Assassin Creed (most of them such as the new Valhalla and AC3 Remastered)

- FarCry 3, 4, and 5, and most of their branched out games like Blood Dragon, Primal.

- Battlefield V (and 1)

- Jedi Fallen Order

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider

- Some console based games like Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing

- Formula 1 2016 and 2019 by 2k

- Need for Speed Most Wanted (Critreon), NFS (the new one, 2016 I believed)

- Burnout Paradise remastered

- Forza

- Diablo 3

- Crysis 1 and remastered

- Crysis 3

- Mirror's Edge Catalyst and original

Let me know if any of the games listed above will be bottle necked by CPU. Also, let me know if any games have lower than 60fps when playing in 4k (Ray-tracing is optional, but will be usually on if the games supports it).

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Formula 1 games are made by Codemasters, not 2K.

As for the specs, I suspect 4k at high frame rates is a stretch with what you are suggesting, and especially on some of the games you mentioned (BF5, Jedi FO, Tomb Raider to name a few) - but I'll defer to the expertise of others on that.

You say it might have to be adjusted to run at 30hz?

Can you get a tv or monitor that runs at 30hz?

Again, I am not an expert - though, if it does exist, won't it limit your fps to 30?

If that's the case she isn't going to have a great experience playing a lot of those games at 30 fps.

Again, I've never heard of a 30 hz monitor or tv, though it may well exist or simply be the default on older units.

Are you saying you want it to do 30 for her, but be able to go up to 60 and over so you can enjoy it too?

Regardless good luck, though, and I'm sure someone will be along who can drill down to the technical level with you.

2 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Can you get a tv or monitor that runs at 30hz?

Well, You technically can adjust the output refresh rate from your PC. At All Settings, go to System, then Display, then scroll all the way down and click Advance display settings, then click Display adaptor properties for Display X. A new window will pop up. Click Monitor tab, and at Screen refresh rate, you can adjust the output refresh rate. Note, this will affect Vsync.

It all based on your TV support. Her TV supports 4k 30p through HDMI 2.0.

Are you saying you want it to do 30 for her, but be able to go up to 60 and over so you can enjoy it too?

Yes.

As for the specs, I suspect 4k at high frame rates is a stretch with what you are suggesting, and especially on some of the games you mentioned (BF5, Jedi FO, Tomb Raider to name a few) - but I'll defer to the expertise of others on that.

Hmm... I see. Okay, I'll try to check up and see if anyone has the same specs as my sister's rig and see how well those game runs.

Formula 1 games are made by Codemasters, not 2K.

Ah, right. NBA is 2k. Forgot about that.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

51 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Well, You technically can adjust the output refresh rate from your PC. At All Settings, go to System, then Display, then scroll all the way down and click Advance display settings, then click Display adaptor properties for Display X. A new window will pop up. Click Monitor tab, and at Screen refresh rate, you can adjust the output refresh rate. Note, this will affect Vsync.

It all based on your TV support. Her TV supports 4k 30p through HDMI 2.0.

Yes.

Hmm... I see. Okay, I'll try to check up and see if anyone has the same specs as my sister's rig and see how well those game runs.

Ah, right. NBA is 2k. Forgot about that.

I'm sure those games will run well at 1080 and 1440, I was just unsure if 4k at high fps was realistic given how demanding some of those games are.

I think 1440p is a nice sweet spot which still let's you have 70, 80, 90 fps on a lot of newer games and it stills gives that nice bump in resolution over 1080. 

But, as I said, I think some of the experienced guys will be much better at giving you specific advice on hardware and expected performance. 

Hope it goes well though, my friend.