Looking for opinions on motherboards that handle lots of fans well

zbryant91

I have a entho lux 2 with a large water cooling loop. 2 480mm rad and 2 360mm rads with a total of 18 pwm ek vardar fans and 2 d5 pumps. Currently have a asus formula x crosshair 8700k and have not had the greatest luck with aisuite or simply controlling the fans via the bios. I've been using speedfan as it is the only way I can keep the fan speed from pulsing constantly. But speedfan hasn't been updated in forever so not all the controls work like they should. Tried using some pwm splitters that ran off sata power and just used one pwm port but aisuite wouldn't control it. I am within the listed wattage ratings for each header and I have 4 way pwm splitters but still wish things were more controllable without the drawbacks i have run into.  

My goal was to maximize radiators so I could run lower rpms and still maintain low Temps and speedfan does okay with this, but it seems to ignore my curves when they get below a certain percentage and doesn't allow fans to turn off as ek markets them. Aisuite will allow them to stop running but when its supposed to keep them at a steady speed they just pulse and the noise is obnoxious.

Anyways, Im considering upgrading to x570 depending on the new ryzen offerings that are expected soon. So im curious if any others with tons of fans have had better luck with other motherboard brands or software. I know this is a pretty niche problem but figure there's no better place to ask. I think im leaning towards staying with atx and no eatx just to avoid covering up my wire grommets so the cable management stays pretty nice. I may stay with asus but just want to see if anyone has insight into better options.

I have a build thread but I haven't updated it in a while. I'll throw some new pics up soon. 

Setup: 8700k - Asus Maximus Formula X - EVGA XCII 2080ti - 2x16GB ddr4 3000 - EVGA G3 1000w - Carbon Cablemod Cables- Custom EKWB cooling loop - phanteks enthoo luxe 2

Did a bit more searching last night and I'm leaning towards trying out a aquaero 6 lt as it seems it would eliminate my problem since its a standalone controller with decent software. So just getting my list together. 

Still interested if any others have feedback on favorite motherboard brands based on bios/uefi and the software associated with them 

20200923_083624.jpg

Setup: 8700k - Asus Maximus Formula X - EVGA XCII 2080ti - 2x16GB ddr4 3000 - EVGA G3 1000w - Carbon Cablemod Cables- Custom EKWB cooling loop - phanteks enthoo luxe 2

• 1 year later...

Currently using the rog crosshair formula viii at top cpu/cpuopt/aio/highamp

Middle left fanheader1 and right number 2

Bottom left header 3 right pump header all pwm/auto/dc/disabled options in bios