ThinkPad X1 Extreme Bad Battery Life

Hello,

I recently purchased and set up a new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 3, (20TK001FUS) and the battery life has been awful. I had a ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 previously, and the battery life was around 6-7 hours on average. With my new laptop I get around 2-3 hours on average. I had to completely reinstall Windows 10 right from the start in order to get my upgrade to Windows 10 Pro working. I am currently running version 2004. I normally prefer the Windows power slider (Lenovo Intelligent Cooling) to be in the middle (Better Performance) while plugged in, and just left of center (Better Battery) when unplugged. Both sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth found nothing wrong. Windows is completely up to date, there are no new Lenovo Vantage updates available, and every possible driver and piece of firmware I can think of is up to date. Since Microsoft removed some of the Advanced Power Settings, I manually added back in the option and lowered the percentages for Maximum Processor State. I would have undervolted the CPU, but this series of processor has been locked by Intel. Both the Intel and Nvidia control panel settings are set for best battery performance. I have disabled and reenabled the Nvidia GPU in Device Manager. Could this be an issue with the battery itself or some other hardware problem? The laptop appears to be in perfect physical and operational condition except for the poor battery life. My usage of the laptop has not differed in any particular way from before. What am I missing? Any suggestions for possible fixes is greatly appreciated.

Thank you