Pierced fins on AIO-is it still usable?

Hello everybody,

I have one problem and I'm not sure how big it is,so please tell me what to do.

I left my cousin to install AIO Liquid Freezer II 360mm in my new PC case,which turned out to be a big mistake.

Moron wasn't careful enough and he manage pierced fins on radiator with screwdriver.

Now I'm not sure what to do?

Should I see leaking while it's not installed in PC?

If I connect it to board and install it to CPU,when should I start to see if it's leaking?

Even if it won't leak,will it still be fully usable without decrease in performance?

Here is picture from damaged part:

DSC_0375.JPG

Liquid passes through the center channels, not the fins. the fins are just there to give more surface area for dissipating heat. The tiny bend in the corner of the rad is of no consequence and wouldn't make an impact on temperatures. 

You're fine to use it as is. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

If it bothers u, just use a pair of needle nose pliers or tweezers to straighten out the fins.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

The above posters are correct. As long as only the fins are bent, you are fine. To be sure, connect the pump to a computer and let it run with the radiator in different positions. Put it on a paper towel and check if stays dry. If it's dry after an hour, I see no reason not to use it.

Thank you very much guys.

I have another problem now.

I installed cooler,but now the fans won't turn at all even on VRM cooler.

It's like the cooler is dead.

What could cause this problem?

EDIT:I just noticed something.It passed around 25-30 seconds before I noticed that cooler isn't working.

Now I'm extremely worried that my CPU fried.

Is that possible and how can I check if it's still working?

Guys,I really don't want to be boring,but I really want to know how can I check if my CPU is fried?
It's brand new i7 10700KF and I'm really worried.

If you could just tell me how can I know if it's dead?

uh dude, does you pc still turn on.. then its not fried.

Also modern cpus can be run without any heatsink for a short bit with no issue.

Double check that you are providing power to the aio properly, find the install manual for it and follow the steps.

1 hour ago, Lipe123 said:

uh dude, does you pc still turn on.. then its not fried.

Also modern cpus can be run without any heatsink for a short bit with no issue.

Double check that you are providing power to the aio properly, find the install manual for it and follow the steps.

Yes,I can still turn on PC.

I only have little cable (4 pin) that I plugged in in motherboard sys_pump or something like that.

EDIT:I left PC for hour or so,and fans started spinning.However,I enabled ''cpu fan failure alert'' and enabled one more safety function and restarted PC.

Now the fans of AIO cooler won't spin again.

I plugged pump in sys_pump.

Is this still AIO that is somehow busted or is it something wrong with MOBO or CPU?

That fans have nothing to do with the cooler, they are just fans. If they don't spin you over tightened them or they are touching the rad or they are not getting power.

Also if you put the pump on the sys-pump header and nothing in the CPU fan header your computer is going to think you have no cpu fan.

So put the pump there or put one of the fans in the CPU fan header.

I have no idea how that aio runs its fans so I can't tell you what is going on.