watercooled chair

PeachGr

That one is short.
Well as i ve learnt from Linus video of Graphene thermal no-paste, he said that car manifacturers use graphene sheets to heat their chairs
I wonder why he didn't use it, would be simpler i think.
Note that i m not anywhere near the chair manifacturing, just a simple guy

Heat isn't the same as cool. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I haven’t watched the video yet and maybe I’m just a simple man with simple answers...

...But wouldn’t a decent mesh chair be both easier and much, much better at butt heat dispersal?

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

11 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I haven’t watched the video yet and maybe I’m just a simple man with simple answers...

...But wouldn’t a decent mesh chair be both easier and much, much better at butt heat dispersal?

I haven’t watched the video either but I was thinking the same thing. Even if the mesh chair isn’t cool enough on its own, you can point a fan or even some kind of chiller/AC at the chair.

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

I haven’t watched the video either but I was thinking the same thing. Even if the mesh chair isn’t cool enough on its own, you can point a fan or even some kind of chiller/AC at the chair.

Yeah the "ergo" seats suppose to be like that. Anyway, it was an interesting project, but maybe there is a reason that there is no product like water cooled seat in the market :D

1 hour ago, Vitamanic said:

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

If you want suggest video, proper place to do so is in  video suggestion thread:

Just a general note about car seats and graphene pads. I would guess those are more cost-effective than just using normal wires. More flexible and probably sturdy, feel better, and still need same amount or electricity to heat-up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

what do you guys think of something like this? apologies for the self-plug 

1 hour ago, johnpaulample said:

This chair has many fans, personally I am blown away by it. You are on a roll!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 hours ago, johnpaulample said:

it's fanny :D
Maybe your butt still gets sweaty, but with all that RGB you must have great FPS!

I like the idea, I have a glycol chiller for my homebrew setup. It would be interesting to build something like this but hooking up the chiller to it instead of the waterblock

i'm often really cold (i hate the cold) and i wonder if i could make a water heated chair using the heat of a pc to heat the chair. 

LTT could probably make a video about this (just swap out the radiators for tubing that goes to a pc generating heat) because i am really curious. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

i'm often really cold (i hate the cold) and i wonder if i could make a water heated chair using the heat of a pc to heat the chair. 

LTT could probably make a video about this (just swap out the radiators for tubing that goes to a pc generating heat) because i am really curious. 

Just get a onesie problem solved. A heated chair only fixes the issue of heating your butt and back not all the other parts of your body that are exposed.

Just now, jaslion said:

Just get a onesie problem solved. A heated chair only fixes the issue of heating your butt and back not all the other parts of your body that are exposed.

it does help though... especially since i have joint issues in my back and shoulders and a heat source on them helps reduce pain well so i'm really interested in building something like this :) 

She/Her

It's not much different from what they've already done. All they need to do is take the chair loop they already have, remove the PSU and pump and adapt the small tubes to the larger ones used in a system and alter the loop so instead of going to the radiator after going trough the CPU and GPU, it goes trough the chair, and then through the radiator. But that would make the chair tied to your system.

For best results, a overclocked bulldozer cpu and a gtx 690 should be used.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It's not much different from what they've already done. All they need to do is take the chair loop they already have, remove the PSU and pump and adapt the small tubes to the larger ones used in a system and alter the loop so instead of going to the radiator after going trough the CPU and GPU, it goes trough the chair, and then through the radiator. But that would make the chair tied to your system.

that's what i'd like them to do to see how well it works. 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

Wouldn't an electric heating pad be far easier and more practical?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

3 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Wouldn't an electric heating pad be far easier and more practical?

Well that would be another thing using power which isnt that great fir the planet... re using already generated heat is better in my opinion 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

Well that would be another thing using power which isnt that great fir the planet

Well that all depends on where your power is being derived from....

Though let's take your example of using a computer's heat to heat your chair, effectively using parts of the chair to be the radiators of a water cooled loop. I can tell you you will probably need an awfully hot computer to make any noticeable difference in the heat that is soaked up in the chair. So the power needed to generate such heat might negate the whole "isn't good for the planet" argument. 

EDIT: Assuming that your get your power from some form of combustion / burning of fossil fuels. If your power is derived from mainly a combination of Hydro electric, Solar or Wind power, your concerns about environment are reduced. However the consumption of the power you'll need to heat your chair might be wasteful.

if you want to copy their exact design, just flip the connection on the peltier

but there's electric heater for chairs

they're like mats, comfy for butts, but not sure if there are any for back support

edit: using heat of PC? hmm... sounds impractical to have tubing run from PC to something that's moving

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

18 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

For best results, a overclocked bulldozer cpu and a gtx 690 should be used.

I'd say its even simpler than that. They used a peltie module for cooling. All that they would have to do to convert it to a heating chair would be to reverse the current for those module (switch the wires) The water in the loop would heat up and the heatsink would instead cool and draw heat in from the air. 

13 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

Well that would be another thing using power which isnt that great fir the planet... re using already generated heat is better in my opinion 

Switching 2 or 3 light bulbs to LED (or just turning them off) will offset the occasional usage of a heating blanket. We're talking less than 100 W here...

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

You might as well just add some ducting to your PC outtake fans and redirect that air towards yourself.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

It'd be bulky and take some DIY, but you could go to a junkyard and find a heated seat in decent shape. Mount a little motorcycle battery or 110 or 220 inverter to the base of the chair and wire it all in. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?