Multiple PCs / Multiple Monitors / HDMI Splitter / HDMI Switcher

DesolanceR

Hello friends,

I've got a setup problem that I can't seem to solve.

What I'm trying to do:

I have a PC and a work Laptop ( 2020, working from home year :D ) also 2 TVs.

I have bought the HDMI splitter/swither you can see in pics 2 and 3.

I connect the PC video card to the splitter input 1 and the laptop to the splitter input 2.

Then I connect the the spitters outputs 1 and 2 to each of the TVs.

The switch functionality works fine however I have problems with the splitting part.

I want the displays to be extended, however I don't seem to have that option.

When I'm checking the display settings tab or the Nvidia Control Panel I can see only one display.

What am I doing wrong? I'm guessing I'm asking how do you guys hook up 9 monitors to 1 PC, cuz I cannot hook 2 monitors to 1 PC through a splitter.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

HDMI does not support multiple video streams through a single port. All HDMI splitters will only duplicate screens.

You need to have displays with an interface like DisplayPort which supports that capability, or add multiple graphics cards to have more output ports.

Is it supported by the splitter?

Some splitter support extended mode, some don't.

The way you can do this is to have the resolution to the splitter 2x the width of 1080p, then the splitter will project it to 2 different output.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

32 minutes ago, DesolanceR said:

Hello friends,

I've got a setup problem that I can't seem to solve.

What I'm trying to do:

I have a PC and a work Laptop ( 2020, working from home year :D ) also 2 TVs.

I have bought the HDMI splitter/swither you can see in pics 2 and 3.

I connect the PC video card to the splitter input 1 and the laptop to the splitter input 2.

Then I connect the the spitters outputs 1 and 2 to each of the TVs.

The switch functionality works fine however I have problems with the splitting part.

I want the displays to be extended, however I don't seem to have that option.

When I'm checking the display settings tab or the Nvidia Control Panel I can see only one display.

What am I doing wrong? I'm guessing I'm asking how do you guys hook up 9 monitors to 1 PC, cuz I cannot hook 2 monitors to 1 PC through a splitter.

You don't need a splitter its not what is for. Creates a spaghetti of cables and needs extra power.

* 2 cables coming from the PC one going to the monitor and one on the TV ( Now you can use extended desktop on the PC)

* Connect the laptop to one of the multiple HDMI of the TV

* Switch between laptop and PC from the TV remote.

That's is how I would do it.

Thank you for all the info.

@Glenwing

The graphic card I have on the PC is a GTX 1080 Founders Edition which has 3 Display ports. Under the Small monitor you see in pic 1 between the laptop and the large tv there is a black box. That is connected to the laptop through a type C. That black box has 2 display ports and 1 hdmi port. The TVs have only HDMI ports.

Is there a magical solution that will permit me to do what I dreamed of?

@SupaKomputa

I've seen that, however that is not what I want and also I don't seem to have that option either. Atleast not with this splitter/switch.

@Biomecanoid

Yep, that is what I'm doing now :D. I just hate pressing x buttons every day :P. I want to press one button/switch and change the input source (PCs).