Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good budget steering wheel

I have been considering a wheel for a while now since I started playing some car games like Beamng. I was considering the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 but then herd it is not compatible with pc. Another option I was considering was the Thrustmaster tmx. Do you recommend anything else? I dont really want to spend over 110$.

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card
  • Case
    Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
  • Storage
    Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Gamerstorm Captain 240 PRO
  • Operating System
    WIndows 10 home
     
     
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NotABigGamer said:

I have been considering a wheel for a while now since I started playing some car games like Beamng. I was considering the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 but then herd it is not compatible with pc. Another option I was considering was the Thrustmaster tmx. Do you recommend anything else? I dont really want to spend over 110$.

I honestly wouldn't recommend the Thrustmaster 458 even if it did work with PC (it does actually work with forza games like Horizon 4 on PC). I got one of those, and it broke in less than a year. It's apparently a very common problem for the part that detects how much the wheel is turned (I forget the name of it) to become faulty, causing the wheel to constantly reigster you turning in one direction.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

 

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, unless you can find something on the used market, your budget is much to low for a decent new entry level wheel.

A Logitech G29/920 or a Thrustmaster T300RS should be the lowest I'd start with.

The Thrustmaster T150 RS is the absolute lowest level I'd go if it's the only option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, trufret said:

Unfortunately, unless you can find something on the used market, your budget is much to low for a decent new entry level wheel.

A Logitech G29/920 or a Thrustmaster T300RS should be the lowest I'd start with.

The Thrustmaster T150 RS is the absolute lowest level I'd go if it's the only option.

Thanks for the fast reply!

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card
  • Case
    Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
  • Storage
    Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Gamerstorm Captain 240 PRO
  • Operating System
    WIndows 10 home
     
     
Link to post
Share on other sites

@WaggishOhio383, I'm looking at getting a second hand wheel myself after discovering the joys of Forza Horizon 4. Do you know if a G25 is compatible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Go-Kart said:

@WaggishOhio383, I'm looking at getting a second hand wheel myself after discovering the joys of Forza Horizon 4. Do you know if a G25 is compatible?

According to this page it's supported on the PC version only: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360001984148-FH4-Supported-Wheels-and-Devices

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

 

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×