Headphones sound horrible on PC

My PC has a realtek audio driver and I am using a subwoofer and two logitech stereo speakers currently and it works good too. But the problem is when I plug in my headphones they sound really tinny and no bass at all! and it's not my headphones fault either because they sound聽really good when plugged into my phone and laptop. I tried updating the realtek HD audio drivers but when I install it I can no longer access the HD audio manager and it only outputs digital audio and not through the audio jacks.... I already tried聽turning off聽enhancements and the basic stuff, but to no avail.. I could use the equalizer but I don't feel it sounds good and can't get it to a good level myself, and the equalizer causes it to lose volume. Any idea how to fix this problem? Any help is appreciated!馃檹馃徑

Make sure you haven't selected "headset" for your headphones in audio settings. That makes it sound like the audio is coming over a phone line.

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

Just now, Nerdom said:

Make sure you haven't selected "headset" for your speakers in audio settings. That makes it sound like the audio is coming over a phone line.

The speakers sound fine and I have selected the right stuff. it's the headphones that sound bad.

Just now, MrTuffguy said:

The speakers sound fine and I have selected the right stuff. it's the headphones that sound bad.

Sorry mistyped, I meant headphones.

Do you have spatial audio or audio effects enabled in windows audio settings?聽

Also check the impedance of your headphones - if they draw a lot of power your PC might just not have a DAC with enough power to drive them (although this is unlikely, I use DT990s and the work just fine with my integrated audio when I don't have a USB solution on me).

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

5 minutes ago, Nerdom said:

Sorry mistyped, I meant headphones.

Do you have spatial audio or audio effects enabled in windows audio settings?聽

Also check the impedance of your headphones - if they draw a lot of power your PC might just not have a DAC with enough power to drive them (although this is unlikely, I use DT990s and the work just fine with my integrated audio when I don't have a USB solution on me).

No effects enabled, and the headphones run fine on my phone so it's unlikely the PC doesn't have enough power right?

1 minute ago, MrTuffguy said:

No effects enabled, and the headphones run fine on my phone so it's unlikely the PC doesn't have enough power right?

That's true - unless you have a phone with a high end DAC it probably has less/equal power to your PC. Are you doing front audio or rear IO? If front panel maybe check your HD audio wire's connection to your mobo, maybe it's gotten loose.聽

Is your subwoofer still plugged in? I'm not sure how this works but maybe bass is really only sent to the subwoofer even though it isn't on? I'm basically out of ideas if that isn't happening :/

2 minutes ago, Nerdom said:

That's true - unless you have a phone with a high end DAC it probably has less/equal power to your PC. Are you doing front audio or rear IO? If front panel maybe check your HD audio wire's connection to your mobo, maybe it's gotten loose.聽

Is your subwoofer still plugged in? I'm not sure how this works but maybe bass is really only sent to the subwoofer even though it isn't on? I'm basically out of ideas if that isn't happening :/

No it sounds the same on both front and back and no the sub is not plugged in... Me too,I have tried basically everything and it just won't work. My last try is using a usb audio adapter馃榿