Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will it ever be possible for ps3 emulator to work properly on quadcores?

So even after upgrading from i5 3470 to i7 3770, i hardly noticed any improvement in fps in ps3 emulator with games. I mean those extra 4 threads should help but nothing changed even a bit. I know PS3's cell cpu architecture is quite complex and the way it's designed you need atleast 6 core atleast if not 8 even on pc, i wonder if the developers can independently do something which can make it more optimized and take it out of the ps3's ecosystem shell so it can work well on wide variety of computer hardware.

The most underrated user and unsung hero of LTT Forum.

Casual Gamer and part time Youtuber.

Day Dreamer but lazy and lethargic when it comes to goals.

Always procrastinating. Avoiding challenges and getting out of comfort zone.

14 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

So even after upgrading from i5 3470 to i7 3770, i hardly noticed any improvement in fps in ps3 emulator with games. I mean those extra 4 threads should help but nothing changed even a bit. I know PS3's cell cpu architecture is quite complex and the way it's designed you need atleast 6 core atleast if not 8 even on pc, i wonder if the developers can independently do something which can make it more optimized and take it out of the ps3's ecosystem shell so it can work well on wide variety of computer hardware.

I know it's not what you want, and you will have thought about it already, but wouldn't it be easier to just buy a ps3?

I bought one last year to replay MGS4, and I also ended up getting Fight Night Champion and Mafia 2.

The whole lot cost me about £45, which is like $55/€50.

Worth considering if you have any spare cash.