NordVPN and varying discount percentage

nonamesm3

NordVPN always has sale going on, but I found something funny. The discount percentage varies too. When I changed my IP address I got different percentage as many times as I wanted. And yes, timer resets too.

1475395036_nordvpn51.thumb.jpg.13f882193f2cc03de9a663f043e758df.jpg

743978277_nordvpn58.thumb.jpg.f31b692039e4887b775ecec96571d761.jpg.

Using iOS DuckDuckGo browser and removing everything and then going back to the site changes percentage too so it's not tied to IP address or location but is likely random.

I got a similar variation.

They have been doing similar sales for years, but I haven't seen this behavior before. The fake timer was always there, and the sales are always on, always. But this varying discount is a new thing. I haven't seen it before at least.

Just get ProtonVPN. I made the switch a few months ago and haven't regretted it.

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

19 hours ago, Doqtori said:

Just get ProtonVPN. I made the switch a few months ago and haven't regretted it.

Thanks, but I already have a VPN. I am just trying to point out that there are sites and companies who do this kind of shady marketing. And I personally think that it's not okay. 

NordVPN as a product is most likely okay, but their marketing is not.

9 hours ago, nonamesm3 said:

Thanks, but I already have a VPN. I am just trying to point out that there are sites and companies who do this kind of shady marketing. And I personally think that it's not okay. 

NordVPN as a product is most likely okay, but their marketing is not.

It's nothing new or especially bad IMO, every company wants to sell more, so they do what they can, it's the capitalist way, lol. Do you get mad at McDonalds for selling toys to get children addicted to their food? Do you get mad at clothing brands advertising their clothes on airbrushed, perfect looking models? You always have a choice of not using the service.