Looking for Help with My Build

Server_42

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Programming, Solidworks, gaming (healthy mix of RPGs, single player, and competitive), school work, light video and photo editing, and maybe VMs.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I am building this PC to use for most of my college career (~6 years), I will also be using my laptop to remote into it during classes.

I already purchased:

• Core i9-10900K
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB), 3200 MHz, C16
  • Phanteks P500a
  • Couple of Noctua Chromax 140mm Fans
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming

Thinking about getting:

• NVIDIA RTX 3080 (When available)
  • PMW Fan Hub

Seeking help with:

Monitor:

• I want to spend about $500
  • Thinking either 27 inch or 32 inch
  • Good for gaming and CAD

Thanks for the help an advance!

Rog strix gaming x490-F/E/A would be a good board in you price range. View each model for the features you need.

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Rog strix gaming x490-F/E/A would be a good board in you price range. View each model for the features you need.

Thanks, the ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming has everything I need, expect I will have to get a PWM fan hub, but other than that it's perfect. Thanks for the recommendation, I will update this thread after I buy it or if I decide on something else. Thank you, again.

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

1 hour ago, Server_42 said:

Thanks, the ROG Srix Z490-E Gaming has everything I need, expect I will have to get a PWM fan hub, but other than that it's perfect. Thanks for the recommendation, I will update this thread after I buy it or if I decide on something else. Thank you, again.

I bought the ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming from my local Best Buy at retail value! Thank you for the help. I will update my original post to reflect.

10 minutes ago, Server_42 said:

I bought the ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming from my local Best Buy at retail value! Thank you for the help. I will update my original post to reflect.

You're welcome :)

15 minutes ago, Server_42 said:

Oh that 10900K gonna be a hot mofo. I'm not exactly sure how the cooler will do.

Keep in mind that a lower thread/core count will run cooler and game the same, so a 10700K is a fine processor, might be better on your budget.

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Oh that 10900K gonna be a hot mofo. I'm not exactly sure how the cooler will do.

Keep in mind that a lower thread/core count will run cooler and game the same, so a 10700K is a fine processor, might be better on your budget.

I know that the i9-10900K will be very hot. That's why I went with the Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black. I also got some Noctua chromax 140mm fans to have cool come from the front of the case and the top of the case. I also got it at $30 above recommended retail price of $500.

Just now, Server_42 said:

I know that the i9-10900K will be very hot. That's why I went with the Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black. I also got some Noctua chromax 140mm fans to have cool come from the front of the case and the top of the case. I also got it at $30 above recommended retail price of $500.

At 5ghz it'll be over 300w..... Most recommend liquid cooling (me: custom loop) AIO at least 360 rad.