So I have an experience with the razer blade 2020 model

ChrisZH

I recently purchased the razer blade 15 2020 model. It looks amazing, has such a premium feel to it. Keyboard isn't that good but I figured I could deal with it. I turn it on for the first time and BAM, the fans ramp up so hard it sounds like a jet engine. Turns out that on the 2020 models, there is no option to not have fans on during idle use. There's this high pitch whining sound from the laptop as well. I tried everything I could, undervolting the chip. Passive system cooling on instead of active. It gets worse though because the fan at low rpm is a lot more noticeable than when it's at medium rpm. I don't know what they were doing when they designed the laptop with those PoS fans. I got so tired of it, and I'm not the only one. So many other users report the same exact thing. Razer would not replace the fans, they would not do anything. I'm fact they said that this is all normal functioning. Once I found out that I would have to deal with that noise whenever I was on the laptop I knew I couldn't handle it. I returned it today, and got the LAST Zephyrus G14 from my best buy. It's amazing! Just the fact that there is a silent fan profile is amazing, when comparing it to the blade. While it doesn't feel as well made it doesn't feel cheap by any means. This is the last time I am buying a razer product besides mouse and keyboard. To anyone wanting a blade 15, please don't do it. If you can, find yourself a G14!

16 hours ago, ChrisZH said:

I recently purchased the razer blade 15 2020 model. It looks amazing, has such a premium feel to it. Keyboard isn't that good but I figured I could deal with it. I turn it on for the first time and BAM, the fans ramp up so hard it sounds like a jet engine. Turns out that on the 2020 models, there is no option to not have fans on during idle use. There's this high pitch whining sound from the laptop as well. I tried everything I could, undervolting the chip. Passive system cooling on instead of active. It gets worse though because the fan at low rpm is a lot more noticeable than when it's at medium rpm. I don't know what they were doing when they designed the laptop with those PoS fans. I got so tired of it, and I'm not the only one. So many other users report the same exact thing. Razer would not replace the fans, they would not do anything. I'm fact they said that this is all normal functioning. Once I found out that I would have to deal with that noise whenever I was on the laptop I knew I couldn't handle it. I returned it today, and got the LAST Zephyrus G14 from my best buy. It's amazing! Just the fact that there is a silent fan profile is amazing, when comparing it to the blade. While it doesn't feel as well made it doesn't feel cheap by any means. This is the last time I am buying a razer product besides mouse and keyboard. To anyone wanting a blade 15, please don't do it. If you can, find yourself a G14!

Or just don’t buy a gaming laptop ;) 

I have a Razer keyboard as an experiment and it’s been surprisingly solid up to now, wouldn’t touch a blade with a barge pole though 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Or just don’t buy a gaming laptop ;) 

I have a Razer keyboard as an experiment and it’s been surprisingly solid up to now, wouldn’t touch a blade with a barge pole though 

Well I always loved the way the blade looked. That sleek look it has and from my experience with razer products, I figured it would be worth it. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fans I would have kept it. It worked great, had the power to do everything I needed it to. That noise was just something I couldn't bear, lots of others thought this as well.