First major TV purchase Student

Skrt

Hello . I am looking to essentially buy my first major TV. I use at the moment a really old 40ish inch tv i got as a gift 5 years ago . 

So my needs for the tv . 1. Series / Movies 

2. Nintendo switch gaming 

The time i am using the TV is 95% in the night with no lights in the room , and 5% mid day also with minimal lightning please take that to consideration . Also i won't be needing any future proofing etc. 

My budget since i am from Germany Is 700-2100 euros around there . 

The sites which you could possibly search are https://amazon.de/ and https://www.idealo.de/ 

Thanks in advance .

I'm in the LG OLED camp, most likely the CX (the C9 is also a good pick if you're eager to save money). I have a C7 and it's been great, particularly in low light. The colours are vivid, and I like webOS for smart apps. The only catch is really the one inherent to OLEDs: while you don't have to worry that much about burn-in, you don't want to do anything reckless (like leaving the TV on a static screen for an hour).

20 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

OLED or QLED would be good choices.

any particular model in mind ? ( Distance from the sofa is 2.9m or 9.5 feet)

4 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I'm in the LG OLED camp, most likely the CX (the C9 is also a good pick if you're eager to save money). I have a C7 and it's been great, particularly in low light. The colours are vivid, and I like webOS for smart apps. The only catch is really the one inherent to OLEDs: while you don't have to worry that much about burn-in, you don't want to do anything reckless (like leaving the TV on a static screen for an hour).

I don't think Burn in will play a factor since i use the tv 95-99% after work which for me is midnight etc. for a couple of hours 

LG oled is best imo if you dont watch in a brightly lit room. Real hdr thanks to no backlight bleed.