YouTube is getting annoying with ads

pm128
3 hours ago, pm128 said:

Cmon, 2 unskippable ads. It got to the point where they are advertising adblocking extensions.

I found a secret.  Look at the lower left.  If it says "Ad 1 of 2", then let the 1st ad play through.  When the 2nd ad starts, refresh trhe page.  Your video should then start.

Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin are your friends. I personally use AdblockPlus and duckduckgo as the extension to block trackers as best as possible. Chrome is my Browser of choice, with duckduckgo as the Search engine (also has a Dark Mode), since I basically use all of the Google Services on a daily Basis and I like my Bookmarks to be natively synced and integrated across all of my Devices.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

4 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

There are ads on the internet?

Huh, learn something new every day...

(but have others have said, Ad blockers are a requirement these days, getting on the 'net without them is like going to an orgy without protection.)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, dilpickle said:

I can't imagine anyone using a desktop web browser without an ad blocker. The real issue is how to block them on mobile and TVs.

Turn off javascript, but it tends to break more things than it fixes.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

YouTube premium is like $10 and comes with music. :/

Y'all need new jobs. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

It's crap like this that really makes me consider installing ad-block. Less than 10% of the screen is actual content?

Annotation_2020-08-26_011340.png?width=1234&height=675

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I know what your saying.

There are so many interruptions with adds on some of the videos I almost forget what they are about. 😜

When I think about all the data they get and money they are making from me watching.

I just don't feel like I should have to pay extra for youtube premium either.

These are not big Hollywood hit movies they are giving us.

Honestly I think they should be sending me gifts every now and then for watching regularly.  😄

I started getting a new format recently where the skip button is missing entirely.  The scrub bar is there though so I can scrub through the ad which is arguably faster than skipping.  I get the impression there is a lot of A/B testing going on and Google is testing “how much will a given person put up with before someone tosses their machine through a corporate window”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

38 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

On top of Amazon prime, Hulu with Disney +, Netflix, ect, yeah the cost of Youtube Premium is not worth it just to block ads. YouTube Premium just doesn't have enough value for me and the family. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I started getting a new format recently where the skip button is missing entirely.  The scrub bar is there though so I can scrub through the ad which is arguably faster than skipping.  I get the impression there is a lot of A/B testing going on and Google is testing “how much will a given person put up with before someone tosses their machine through a corporate window”

Yeah I think they are testing ways to make more money. See I dont have issues with the ads that Linus, JayzTwoCents, Kyle and Paul do. Those ads are relevant to me. And I have actually paused the video, and gone to the manufactures website to get more detailed info.  But all the Youtube ads right now are political. Its to the point that Im going to write my name on the ballot because Im sick of those two guys already. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah I think they are testing ways to make more money. See I dont have issues with the ads that Linus, JayzTwoCents, Kyle and Paul do. Those ads are relevant to me. And I have actually paused the video, and gone to the manufactures website to get more detailed info.  But all the Youtube ads right now are political. Its to the point that Im going to write my name on the ballot because Im sick of those two guys already. 

‘S that way every election year.  This one has actually been unusually light.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

‘S that way every election year.  This one has actually been unusually light.

Only time I see ads is when Im using my TV. So... never really experienced Youtube Ads, but they can take the political ones and stick them somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Only time I see ads is when Im using my TV. So... never really experienced Youtube Ads, but they can take the political ones and stick them somewhere else. 

Might explain it.  I don’t even own a tv any more.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Might explain it.  I don’t even own a tv any more.

I use mine for mostly streaming and Plex. I dont really watch Live TV anymore. But I like being able to lay in bed and watch stuff. Thats the only reason I have a TV, and even then its a 7 year old pre LED 720p TV. Was thinking of upgrading to a 4K TV or a new PC monitor, but I haven't decided yet. 

9 hours ago, Cherrysaurus said:

On desktop I use uBlock origin and it works perfectly.

Same

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

I use Brave browser. I find that it does at least as good a job as any chrome/firefox ad blocking plugin, and that it runs faster and in less memory than chrome/firefox + a plugin.

It does work on Hulu and Amazon Prime Video, sort of. I think they are aware of the browser, because the Brave devs will issue an update, and it will block ads on those services, and then after a little while both Hulu and Amazon will stop loading the video if you don't disable the adblocking for that site.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

5 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

In many regions it's significantly more expensive than that. YT Music just... isn't very good.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

14 hours ago, pm128 said:

Cmon, 2 unskippable ads. It got to the point where they are advertising adblocking extensions.

YouTube isn’t profitable how else are they going to keep it running? 

If you don’t like ads buy premium so you don’t have any. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?