PC stopped posting after being in standby.

Coolkid

Hi everyone, hope someone could help me.

My desktop is pretty old, i-5 2500k, p67 pro3, xfx550w and a more recent 1050ti.

Everything was working normally until I decided to rearrange my desk, I unplugged everything, did my thing and plugged the computer back in. BSOD because my bios reverted to default settings and I had to switch again from IDE to AHCI. 

Done, everything was back to normal again. After a few hours I had to go out so I put my pc in standby for 2hrs. Got back home, pressed random keys on the keyboard to wake up windows and nothing changes ,monitor is still blinking. I try to restart the computer, it seems to boot but nothing appear on the screen, no boot screen, no bios, nothing. I tried many things, change ram slots, unplug and plug the vga, same with the bios battery and psu cables. I tried a different hdmi cable. Nothing. I don't really know how to explain n but the pc seems to be booting normally, no beeps, it's just that the screen keep staying on standby. If I unplug everything from the monitor I can see the massage "no imput etc", if I connect the hdmi cable and boot the pc I get the "no signal-standby" message.

Any ideas? One thing that I thought about was that maybe the gpu is outputting to another port and non the hdmi? I don't have other cables that work with the card so I can't test it. 

18 minutes ago, Coolkid said:

Hi everyone, hope someone could help me.

My desktop is pretty old, i-5 2500k, p67 pro3, xfx550w and a more recent 1050ti.

Everything was working normally until I decided to rearrange my desk, I unplugged everything, did my thing and plugged the computer back in. BSOD because my bios reverted to default settings and I had to switch again from IDE to AHCI. 

Done, everything was back to normal again. After a few hours I had to go out so I put my pc in standby for 2hrs. Got back home, pressed random keys on the keyboard to wake up windows and nothing changes ,monitor is still blinking. I try to restart the computer, it seems to boot but nothing appear on the screen, no boot screen, no bios, nothing. I tried many things, change ram slots, unplug and plug the vga, same with the bios battery and psu cables. I tried a different hdmi cable. Nothing. I don't really know how to explain n but the pc seems to be booting normally, no beeps, it's just that the screen keep staying on standby. If I unplug everything from the monitor I can see the massage "no imput etc", if I connect the hdmi cable and boot the pc I get the "no signal-standby" message.

Any ideas? One thing that I thought about was that maybe the gpu is outputting to another port and non the hdmi? I don't have other cables that work with the card so I can't test it. 

When a GPU dies they sometimes do that (output with a black screen) but given the PC age the motherboard might be dead, do you se any bulging capacitors?

Could you try to get your hands on a beep speaker? If you already unplugged and plugged everything then it would really help to know what the PC thinks the problem is

The beep speaker is already in place and it doesn't beep so it seems like the pc Is booting properly, I'll look at the capacitors.

Yeah to me it seems like it's the gpu but I've never had any problems with it and I've never used it heavily. Maybe I'll put it in the hoven, I resurrected my 6870 2 times that way

On 9/19/2020 at 8:28 PM, Coolkid said:

The beep speaker is already in place and it doesn't beep so it seems like the pc Is booting properly, I'll look at the capacitors.

Yeah to me it seems like it's the gpu but I've never had any problems with it and I've never used it heavily. Maybe I'll put it in the hoven, I resurrected my 6870 2 times that way

Before you do that, try to clean the PCI Express with some contact cleaner, my PC with a GTX770 stopped outputting video but the PC booted (I could see the Desktop with TeamViewer) and there was corrosion on the motherboard pins, cleaning fixed it for me