What TV did you watch as a young child?

pythonmegapixel

For me in the UK it was largely Postman Pat, Balamory and Come Outside, with a bit of other stuff thrown in...

You may also remember In The Night Garden which, since its inception in 2007, has basically been *the* bedtime program here in the UK, being the last thing shown on the CBeebies before going off air each evening, pretty much for the entire duration of the past 13 years. There are 100 epsiodes which simply repeat (not that this really matters given it's for very young children who only watch it for a few years), and they are intended to relax and calm kids before bed while also educating them on simple concepts such as sharing. It's rather beautiful; pity I was a bit old for it when it started.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

The Tripods.

We were obsessed by this Show.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Mr Rogers Neighborhood, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock.... I'm old.....

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Who’s line is it anyway, Home Improvement (being from the Metro Detroit area, all the Michigan/Detroit tie ins were the coolest thing ever), TONS of Hockey and Racing with my Dad.

Those 3 are what stand out to me the most.  

Depends, how young?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Come Outside. Postman Pat. Thomas the Tank Engine. By the time I was 7 I started watching Cartoon Network. My all time favourite has been Ed Edd n Eddy. Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Johnny Bravo were the others to name a few.

2007 HD ready Bravia. My family still hasn't changed living room TV. To make things even worse, my bedroom had 1080p Toshiba.

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

5 minutes ago, pm128 said:

2007 HD ready Bravia. My family still hasn't changed living room TV. To make things even worse, my bedroom had 1080p Toshiba.

4 minutes ago, pm128 said:

Wait, youre talking bout TV shows

yeah lol... was wondering how long it would take someone to do that...

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

A-Team, Airwolf, Knight Rider, MacGyver, Benny Hill etc.

But can't really recall earlier shows...

I edit my posts more often than not

Well it kind of depends on what age group is considered "young child" but the ones that I have fond memories off are, Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack, The Fairly OddParents, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Laboratory and Cow and Chicken, there's a few more that I probably missed, but these were kind of the defining cartoons of my childhood.

2 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Well it kind of depends on what age group is considered "young child" but the ones that I have fond memories off are, Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack, The Fairly OddParents, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Laboratory and Cow and Chicken, there's a few more that I probably missed, but these were kind of the defining cartoons of my childhood.

Similat. Though I didn't like Steven Universe and wasn't able to see the latter half of the shows you mentioned as I wasn't old enough to understand them.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

4 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

I was big into mid-2000s Nick and Cartoon Network, alongside Boomerang. Also had (have) a ton of VeggieTales tapes and DVDs from my childhood that I enjoyed.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

In a general youngest to as I got older.

Sesame Street, Loony Toons, Hanna Barbera, Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Nickelodeon as a whole, the Marvel and WB animated shows, Ninja Turtles, Exo-Squad, the various Disney cartoons, whatever Scifi had on during their Saturday Anime.

Simpsons, DBZ, Pokemon, damn near everything  on the Discovery and The History Channel before reality TV took over.

Anime, sooo much anime. Toonami.

Teletubbies, Police Academy, Gundam, Detective Conan, Captain Tsubasa, Bakusō Kyōdai Let's & Go, Power Rangers S.P.D., and a bunch of others.