Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building PC for a friend will be used to play games like COD WWII and some video editing

Budget (including currency): 200000 HUF (around 660 USD)

Country: Hungary

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Call of Duty : World War 2 or similar current titles, occasional Video editing (I'm not sure what software)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So someone asked me to pick out parts for his PC and I've already got a build in mind and I'm curious if anyone has any opinion about it. He's looking to use this PC for the next 5 years or so. My current part list exceeds the budget by a bit (15000 HUF or 50 USD) so he asked me to tell him which parts could be downgraded and what drawbacks would that cause (he's not tech savvy). I was thinking of maybe buying 8 GB of memroy instead of 16GB but I'm not sure if it's worth it and if I should stick with 16 gigs for the sake of "future proofing" the build. The processor is the best price/performance I could find the Ryzen ones in this price range are 10% weaker in core performance but have hyperthreading like the r5 2600x. The store I'm using to pick out my parts is  https://iponcomp.com/shop ( you can browse PC parts under Shop Menu -> PC accessories). The PC case I couldn't find on pcpartpicker, but what I chose is the Zalman ZM-T7.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this would be much faster in just about every way. single core performance isnt great on the 9400f anyways, and with slow memory its negated anyways. i have no idea if these components are purchasable at these prices in hungary but if they are, its pretty solid. psu is a little lacking but other than that, its ready for a variety of upgrades in the future. certainly stick to 16gb of ram, and 3200mhz dual channel at least. 

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

 

 

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Video makes it hard.  Video editing in general likes cores more than clocks but it varies.  Resolution of video to be edited matters as does program.  Treating it as a pure games machine, Hungarian availability is unknown to me.  I vaguely recall Hungary being EU, in which case general EU mail order opens up.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Video makes it hard.  Video editing in general likes cores more than clocks but it varies.  Resolution of video to be edited matters as does program.  Treating it as a pure games machine, Hungarian availability is unknown to me.  I vaguely recall Hungary being EU, in which case general EU mail order opens up.

Yep Hungary is Europe

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VeganJoy said:

this would be much faster in just about every way. single core performance isnt great on the 9400f anyways, and with slow memory its negated anyways. i have no idea if these components are purchasable at these prices in hungary but if they are, its pretty solid. psu is a little lacking but other than that, its ready for a variety of upgrades in the future. certainly stick to 16gb of ram, and 3200mhz dual channel at least. 

It seems like a good build and definitely stronger except for the cpu, but I looked up the prices and it is waayy out of the budget so sadly this isn't an option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Szabodomi said:

It seems like a good build and definitely stronger except for the cpu, but I looked up the prices and it is waayy out of the budget so sadly this isn't an option.

rip, if the 9400f is your only option within the budget then that's that, but it's really not a great cpu. can you get an i3 10100 for a similar price?

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

 

 

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VeganJoy said:

rip, if the 9400f is your only option within the budget then that's that, but it's really not a great cpu. can you get an i3 10100 for a similar price?

Yep I just found it after your first comment it is actually a little bit cheaper than the 9400f with a little less single core performance, but better for the purpose of this PC cuz of hyperthreading. Anways the problem with your suggestion isn't the CPU the ryzen 3 3100 would be completely fine, but the evga GPU here in hungary is like 60 USD more expensive than the zotac one (btw I also found an INNO3D 1660 super for the same price as the zotac 1660) also the SSD and the case I couldn't find. Overall your build altogether came out to be 750 USD probably higher prices cause of VAT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Szabodomi said:

Yep Hungary is Europe

I meant European Union, but whichever.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bombastinator said:

I meant European Union, but whichever.

Also correct lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Szabodomi said:

Yep I just found it after your first comment it is actually a little bit cheaper than the 9400f with a little less single core performance, but better for the purpose of this PC cuz of hyperthreading. Anways the problem with your suggestion isn't the CPU the ryzen 3 3100 would be completely fine, but the evga GPU here in hungary is like 60 USD more expensive than the zotac one (btw I also found an INNO3D 1660 super for the same price as the zotac 1660) also the SSD, case I couldn't find. Overall the build altogether came out to be 750 USD probably higher prices cause of VAT.

yeah dont mind the brand of gpu, was just an arbitrary model i tossed in. the inno3d should be a fine card. you definitely want the super over the non super, its a huge jump for the same price. just look for similar components, any 120-240gb ssd should be fine, for a case it really doesnt matter so get something that looks good, airflow for these low power parts aint a big deal

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

 

 

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VeganJoy said:

yeah dont mind the brand of gpu, was just an arbitrary model i tossed in. the inno3d should be a fine card. you definitely want the super over the non super, its a huge jump for the same price. just look for similar components, any 120-240gb ssd should be fine, for a case it really doesnt matter so get something that looks good, airflow for these low power parts aint a big deal

Alright thanks for the help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×