HELP! My screen flashes after I edit the registry

justaguyhuh

I loaded another user's registry file under HKEY_USERS and added a string value at HKEY_USERS\[User'sName]\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run. The value was a path. And that file

is a .bat which let the user log off. I thought it would make the user log off automaticlly when he logged in. When I tried to log in that account, it took a very long time to log in. Then most of the icons on the desktop couldn't show properly. Soon the screen went dark and then lit up again and looped. But my account was fine.

I pressed WIN+L to quit and deleted the string value, the bat file and reboot the computer but that account was still broken. And I didn't make a back up. HELP!

You can start with giving us contents of that script.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

If you can, get a windows PE install, then delete batch file for good, that would help

I added a string value under HKEY_USERS\[that user]\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run named "trick.bat"(no quotation marks) and the value was "C:/trick.bat"(also no quotation marks). And that bat file only has one command logoff

5 minutes ago, Juular said:

You can start with giving us contents of that script.

Edited by justaguyhuh
forgot to quote

4 minutes ago, AnonimFan said:

If you can, get a windows PE install, then delete batch file for good, that would help

Thank you, but I have already deleted the batch under a normal windows 10

3 minutes ago, justaguyhuh said:

I added a string value under HKEY_USERS\[that user]\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run named "trick.bat"(no quotation marks) and the value was "C:/trick.bat"(also no quotation marks). And that bat file only has one command logoff

also shutdown -l does the same thing, But why do you wanted that to happen.

1 minute ago, AnonimFan said:

also shutdown -l does the same thing, But why do you wanted that to happen.

I just wanted to play a trick on my friend ;(

thats like me turning off my modem do trick my brother(if i restart my modem my routers connection will be "reset")

I wanted to make my friend's account log off automaticlly when he logs in. But who da hell knows this would happen!

1 minute ago, AnonimFan said:

thats like me turning off my modem do trick my brother(if i restart my modem my routers connection will be "reset")

LOL

I was thinking to make a new account and copy important files from the old account to the new one. That's a solution but I just want to find a easier one like simply change some registry bla bla bla