How to get a nvidia "press" graphics card before official release

Personne

Hey i wanted to know how to get a nvidia "press" card before official release if u have more info/know how to have one u can say it ;) ( just by curiosity^^)

Be press.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

You answered your own question, you need to actually be a tech influencer or hold a press card. Nvidia aren't just going to give you a free card because you want one.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just being press is unlikely to be enough, you probably have to be big enough, in the right tech/gaming area, not done anything too stupid in the past, and you'd have to agree to uphold any restrictions attached to receiving such a card, such as not passing on information before the appropriate time.

I suppose an interesting test might be to see who/what is the "smallest" person or site to get sampled this way. That might give an indication of where they make the cut.

Some examples just from searching YouTube for "3080 review": 

Nvidia cards (may also have got AIB cards too):

IGN 14.1M subs

LTT 11.M

Jackfrags 3.46M (gamer)

Dave Lee 2.99M (seems to do laptop/mobile reviews mainly)

JayzTwoCents 2.76M

Bitwit 2.15M

Hardware Canucks 1.47M

Paul's Hardware 1.3M

Gamers Nexus 1.06M

Digital Foundry 973k

Hardware Unboxed 588k

Tech YES City 458k

EposVox 254k

PC Centric 226k

OC3D TV 214k

Techtesters 123k

TastyPC 119k

KitGuruTech 109k

AIB cards:

Optimum Tech 342k

ThinkComputers 26k

This wont necessarily cover all those who got sampled, but most are techtubers, although there were some unfamiliar (to me) names in that list. So even if you're not a tech tuber there is some chance you can get selected.

It was also interesting a couple I found didn't appear to have the nvidia card, but got one from AIB. Those I found seeded by nvidia had 100k+ subs as indicator for size. One of the AIB seeded ones "only" had 26k subs, so I guess in that case they had built up a relationship to enable that.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

You answered your own question, you need to actually be a tech influencer or hold a press card. Nvidia aren't just going to give you a free card because you want one.

i dont want a free card bro i am just curious for how it works ;)

1 hour ago, porina said:

Just being press is unlikely to be enough, you probably have to be big enough, in the right tech/gaming area, not done anything too stupid in the past, and you'd have to agree to uphold any restrictions attached to receiving such a card, such as not passing on information before the appropriate time.

I suppose an interesting test might be to see who/what is the "smallest" person or site to get sampled this way. That might give an indication of where they make the cut.

Some examples just from searching YouTube for "3080 review": 

Nvidia cards (may also have got AIB cards too):

IGN 14.1M subs

LTT 11.M

Jackfrags 3.46M (gamer)

Dave Lee 2.99M (seems to do laptop/mobile reviews mainly)

JayzTwoCents 2.76M

Bitwit 2.15M

Hardware Canucks 1.47M

Paul's Hardware 1.3M

Gamers Nexus 1.06M

Digital Foundry 973k

Hardware Unboxed 588k

Tech YES City 458k

EposVox 254k

PC Centric 226k

OC3D TV 214k

Techtesters 123k

TastyPC 119k

KitGuruTech 109k

AIB cards:

Optimum Tech 342k

ThinkComputers 26k

This wont necessarily cover all those who got sampled, but most are techtubers, although there were some unfamiliar (to me) names in that list. So even if you're not a tech tuber there is some chance you can get selected.

It was also interesting a couple I found didn't appear to have the nvidia card, but got one from AIB. Those I found seeded by nvidia had 100k+ subs as indicator for size. One of the AIB seeded ones "only" had 26k subs, so I guess in that case they had built up a relationship to enable that.

Thanks for ur answer but i was more curious about the process of contacting nvidia ext :)

9 minutes ago, Personne said:

Thanks for ur answer but i was more curious about the process of contacting nvidia ext :)

Speculation on my part since I don't have experience: Once you have built up your channel/website and get big enough and hold a reputation to be noticed, nvidia might contact you. A more proactive way would be to contact them. How that might happen is up to the individual. You might try reaching out through the PR department, or in person at a trade event, at least if they start running again after the human malware situation is resolved.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

26 minutes ago, Personne said:

i dont want a free card bro i am just curious for how it works ;)

Oh yeah, I know. It wasn't aimed at you specifically, more of a badly worded generalisation :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

You have to have a really cool leather jacket to get one. lol Seriously though did anyone else laugh at Jensen? It's like come on grandpa, dress your age. :)

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Oh yeah, I know. It wasn't aimed at you specifically, more of a badly worded generalisation :)

Okay np :)

4 hours ago, porina said:

Speculation on my part since I don't have experience: Once you have built up your channel/website and get big enough and hold a reputation to be noticed, nvidia might contact you. A more proactive way would be to contact them. How that might happen is up to the individual. You might try reaching out through the PR department, or in person at a trade event, at least if they start running again after the human malware situation is resolved.

Okay thanks :) 

how to get one.

1. start some form of media channel (youtube or what not)

2. build a massive following

3. be known for being a pc connoisseur (unlike the verge)

4. on social media, hype up a upcoming launch

5. grab the attention of a company

6. form some sort of mostly positive relationship

7. wait 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB