Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me with my internet setup.

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
1 minute ago, King Spartan said:

well i want wifi 6 and the i want the access point to manage priority access 

Then Id just drop the unif security gateway, it doesn't seem to be doing anything for you here.

QOS really isn't a concern with internet of that speed for home use, but I think the included qos should be fine.

Unifi has wifi 6 stuff coming soon, but its not really that big of a upgrade anyways, esp for your place with very few wifi devices.

i want to have good internet setup for home use. things that would be connected to the internet will be my PC via LAN Server via LAN 2 laptops 3 phones and a console and 2 TV's. internet speed will be 500mbps.  

the router i will be using is the NETGEAR Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System, 3-pack 

i picked this switch NetGear ProSafe Plus GS105E 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch

the Security Gateway Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Security Gateway

im planning to run CAT 7 

the internet will be Fiber 

if you disagree with anything please tell me and recommend something else 

The nighthawl comes with a router included, so no needed for the unfi secuirty gateway. Or go all unifi, and use their access points instead.

Are the access points wired?

What featues do you need in the router? The unifi security gateways doesn't handle high speeds well.

22 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The nighthawl comes with a router included, so no needed for the unfi secuirty gateway. Or go all unifi, and use their access points instead.

Are the access points wired?

What featues do you need in the router? The unifi security gateways doesn't handle high speeds well.

1 minute ago, King Spartan said:

Then Id just drop the unif security gateway, it doesn't seem to be doing anything for you here.

QOS really isn't a concern with internet of that speed for home use, but I think the included qos should be fine.

Unifi has wifi 6 stuff coming soon, but its not really that big of a upgrade anyways, esp for your place with very few wifi devices.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

thanks for the help