Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

5 hours ago, imreloadin said:

I love how the actual LTT community has come to loath the ROG Reboot stuff馃槀

It's not that we laoth it, we loath the point of stupid spam about "they are so mean, why can't (insert country that's inelegible here) enter!?!!?!!?!!??" And the amount of people who don't read the rules.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS聽AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to win one these because I always buy the best that I can afford. I've never had the best that exists.

Does my video need to be public to win or can I make it unlisted?

7 minutes ago, DudeMcNerdy said:

I want to win one these because I always buy the best that I can afford. I've never had the best that exists.

Does my video need to be public to win or can I make it unlisted?

I belive you can make it unlisted you just have to put the link into the official entry thing. If you do win they will use your video as examples next year and show it off on the channel. I would just make it public just in case though.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:54 PM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum.聽
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

But im from pakistan. WHat about Meee?!!?!?!?!??!?!馃槶馃槶馃槶

I made a mistake on my rogrigreboot2020 video, is there any way I can fix it or make a separate video perhaps?

On 9/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

This is my "Non- Entry"

I'm in India, I cant participate, so that's why I made this video:

Here's the video: (Read the description) (Trigger Warning)

#ROGRigReboot20 Hey everyone! I do not want to harm anyone's feelings and have no intentions behind this, except hoping for a international candidate version of rig reboot happens later this year. I live in India and am fully aware that I cant participate. This has some spoilers for Doki Doki Literature Club and those who get disturbed by any mention of the game, please watch at your own risk. I apologise for the bad video editing, it was the best I could do in between my exam prep. Laptop Specs Ideapad 510 i5-7200u GeForce 940mx 4gb RAM 1 TB HDD Screen resolution 1366x768 I know others have worse PCs but just wanted to do this video anyway. Thanks a lot to everyone at LMG for the great content I saw this quarantine Regards ----For basic internet privacy reasons I wont be giving my info, ---- Thanks once again!

2 minutes ago, Vizdrom97 said:

This is my "Non- Entry"

I'm in India, I cant participate, so that's why I made this video:

Why though....

2 hours ago, Vizdrom97 said:

except hoping for a international candidate version of rig reboot happens later this year.

Won't be happening.

Anyone wanna show off their entries?

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

6 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Anyone wanna show off their entries?

I will after the contest.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I will after the contest.

Looking forward to it. I guess i'll do the same then.

Spoiler

Heres some advice from Oliwier, one of the winners from last year (From his comment section on his entry):

Hey! So the video took somewhere around 3-4 days to make, including a lot of procrastination. Obviously this isn't the sort of thing you can just poop out in a few minutes and expect it to win, there is a lot of planning involved especially that you only have a minute to sell yourself. Around 2 days were spent on the script alone which went through tons of revisions, as I didn't want to shoot any footage until I was sure that I could produce something good in the first place. What I do know is that if I had stuck with my original idea, I would not of won, so make sure to get a few ideas down first and not just go with the first one to pop in your head. My best advice is to do a lot of research. Don't just look at the winning videos, but also look at the ones that didn't win. There are some really good ones that sadly didn't make it in and also some admittedly bad ones that should give you an example of what not do do. Take small ideas from each to create something new. Don't copy an existing video, don't lie, be humble and most importantly have fun making it.

He also said that he would post this on the fourm so if he has already that's my bad lol.

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

including a lot of procrastination

lol, ive takes 3 days on 5 pieces of wood.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
On 9/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, AvMaverick said:

If it was virtually, why not globally, Linus Media Group? Your viewers who'd want a PC could easily learn to put together and use聽a livestreaming setup! Please reconsider @LinusTech@CPotter聽and co... Please!聽

馃槰馃槺馃槹馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶

Probably shipping costs.

BELIEVE OTHER POEPLE聽OVER ME.

My reason for believing why it's only US and Canada is possibly because it seems if you look at the asus sites for the US and Canada they are the same compared to the other countries. And since the US or Canada asus companies are doing the giveaway, they would have to ship the parts, however the US has been pretty much travel banned from all countries. Also they might not want to ship it out of Canada as it's not essential and they might be given bad press. Or something along the lines of that stuff. (I just realized the site thing is non related but whatever)

On 9/19/2020 at 10:41 PM, nirdhan said:

i watched the video u guys really need to have a asia regions. Here in asia in 500 dollars we get a core-i3 with no gpu and 4gigs of ram no ssd and ya that is a laptop so pls have asia region i know u wouldn't respond .u might i dunno if u say that u will have person from asia then i will upload my video.

its expensive probably, takes time, a heavy amount of resources, many complications (the fact that many people in asia cant travel, the fact that some countries have many issues, covid 19) its not as simple as lets just host a competition in asia.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q聽

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly聽

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

1 hour ago, VortexRex said:

My reason for believing why it's only US and Canada is possibly because it seems if you look at the asus sites for the US and Canada they are the same compared to the other countries. And since the US or Canada asus companies are doing the giveaway, they would have to ship the parts, however the US has been pretty much travel banned from all countries. Also they might not want to ship it out of Canada as it's not essential and they might be given bad press. Or something along the lines of that stuff. (I just realized the site thing is non related but whatever)

The main reason is probably deadlines. They couldn't ship something to non-US/Canadia fast enough to get the clips of people using their PCs to meet Asus deadlines.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
On 9/18/2020 at 9:54 AM, CPotter said:

Video Requirements

5) Be Creative!!

Man idk if my rig is shity聽enough I mean its a little bellow mid-tier and only has on fan but i don't think its crap-tastic lol聽

13 minutes ago, voidrunner959 said:

Man idk if my rig is shity聽enough I mean its a little bellow mid-tier and only has on fan but i don't think its crap-tastic lol聽

Just try to make a video, and put more than a few minutes聽of thought into it, and you are in the top 5% of entrants.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
4 hours ago, The_Murdoch said:

Ugh, why isn't the Vatican city included too? There are 825 of us left out of the contest!

I'm sure the pope was not pleased when he found out..