Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

1 hour ago, flashiling said:

fpo did the math & optimistically, winners will be announced at earliest October 23rd.

5 day work week. 8 hour days. Realistically only going to watch videos at max 5-6 hours a day. If they do it everyday.

Allowing some spare time for re-reviewing & discussion of videos

"what'd you think of this one?"

"Let's score this one. Everyone, What'd you put for originality? Why did you put a 10? I put 6. Oh, I didn't even catch that. Let's watch this one again."

again, it's a team of five people. and, we don't know how long they spend scoring and shit on every video. I'm sure some videos are just booted immediately because they aren't worth scoring

32 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

again, it's a team of five people. and, we don't know how long they spend scoring and shit on every video. I'm sure some videos are just booted immediately because they aren't worth scoring

I'd bet its around 1/2 of the entries that are booted because they are the "show of my computer in vertical mode on my camera" type

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

13 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

I'd bet its around 1/2 of the entries that are booted because they are the "show of my computer in vertical mode on my camera" type

yeahhhhh this my pc bad !!!!!!!!!

i wan win

Ugh, my video is 1:00:26, I am so bummed that my video isn't going to even be judged :( I went in and edited it yesterday, but if Gleam.io already took the info I'm too late. Might as well show all you! 

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

It will be disqualified AFAIK. They don't download all of the videos and inspect them. Gleam.io might have something scraping the general details of video from YT API, giving LMG sheet with all relevant info. Thats most likely used to make first few filtering of entries, removing anything that isn't exactly as requested. So what Youtube reads is the final.

I was under the impression that someone from LMG stated two years ago last year that if YT showed 1:00 when the video played, it did not matter if the preview thingy showed 1:01. I don't have a link, I'm not sure if it was in PMs with a participant that said it in last year's thread...but @CPotter @JonoT y'all have confirmation/info on this?

but that is from 2 years ago so dunno if it's still 'up to date'

Edited by Gegger
mm link and I got the year wrong

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .'''''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY OR DI  |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,................'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+ mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+ dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/ yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+ ++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN ..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o ``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

2 hours ago, Gegger said:

I was under the impression that someone from LMG stated two years ago last year that if YT showed 1:00 when the video played, it did not matter if the preview thingy showed 1:01. I don't have a link, I'm not sure if it was in PMs with a participant that said it in last year's thread...but @CPotter @JonoT y'all have confirmation/info on this?

but that is from 2 years ago so dunno if it's still 'up to date'

i personally just made it so the video was around 59 seconds long so the preview would show it as 1 minute anyway

gotta deal with it somehow

1 hour ago, TerabyteLTT said:

i personally just made it so the video was around 59 seconds long so the preview would show it as 1 minute anyway

gotta deal with it somehow

I have mine at 58 seconds since I didn't want to risk the whole 1:01 thing and I also managed to put everything I wanted.

8 minutes ago, Suslike said:

I have mine at 58 seconds since I didn't want to risk the whole 1:01 thing and I also managed to put everything I wanted.

I could've gone that route but I was able to throw in a little more in and it really tied together my entry.

yeah, I rushed mine and i made it in a span of like 30 minutes. defo not winning it lol it wasn't even funny

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 1600 - Corsair H100i V2 - 16GB DDR4 2400 - Flat broke
Please stop using light theme

we should create a separate form just so we could talk about our videos and so this form doesn't get spam video posts

6 minutes ago, BurstSMG said:

yeah, I rushed mine and i made it in a span of like 30 minutes. defo not winning it lol it wasn't even funny

Same. I've been swamped with work and college so I couldn't really muster any time. But a guy can dream

♪♫ "2-to the-1-to the-1-to the-3 I like good OC and RGB. Configure so much, you wouldn't believe. And I get more blue screen than a Walmart PC" ♪♫

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Do you think that we as humans do bad things, because we know that in the end nothing matters? Do we as humans only act good, because we grasp onto anything that will make it seem meaningful? Well, all I know is that we know nothing. And, If there is a god, I have no doubts that he too ponders and fears our meaningless existence" -Sportacus from LazyTown

6 minutes ago, Preston_111 said:

we should create a separate form just so we could talk about our videos and so this form doesn't get spam video posts

I'm sure mods would just tell us to use this one instead. This seems like the big hub for the chatting around the competition

♪♫ "2-to the-1-to the-1-to the-3 I like good OC and RGB. Configure so much, you wouldn't believe. And I get more blue screen than a Walmart PC" ♪♫

"Do you think that we as humans do bad things, because we know that in the end nothing matters? Do we as humans only act good, because we grasp onto anything that will make it seem meaningful? Well, all I know is that we know nothing. And, If there is a god, I have no doubts that he too ponders and fears our meaningless existence" -Sportacus from LazyTown

3 hours ago, The Blue Cryptid said:

I'm sure mods would just tell us to use this one instead. This seems like the big hub for the chatting around the competition

If another thread would take most of the off-topic chatting from this thread, then it would be fine. This is for any questions and discussion about the competition. For videos, as they soon become history, you can have another thread in Off Topic (where posts won't be counted, so we don't care if the discussion goes through irrelevant topics). Same rules about spamming videos would still apply.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LEGENDARYMIKE88 said:

Will they be announcing who some finalists are soon like they did last year?

yeah within a few days

5 hours ago, Oliver Michael said:

yeah within a few days

Can't wait to see that I'm not on the list just so I can forget about the whole thing for another year.

2 minutes ago, Suslike said:

Can't wait to see that I'm not on the list just so I can forget about the whole thing for another year.

me too

7 hours ago, Suslike said:

Well I think I still have some hope

How do you guys think?

its creative...

5 hours ago, sgarg0310 said:

Will the top 25 and winners be released in this thread or another?

Checking on past contests, time between competition ending and Top or winners has been about week. So probably somewhere next week. Last year they didn't post winners, but did so in 2017 and 2018. The forum is unlikely going to be platform for that anyway, better watch for Twitter and Facebook.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Checking on past contests, time between competition ending and Top or winners has been about week. So probably somewhere next week. Last year they didn't post winners, but did so in 2017 and 2018. The forum is unlikely going to be platform for that anyway, better watch for Twitter and Facebook.

whattt- what if I don't have facebook or twitter?

2 minutes ago, mrminkj0906 said:

whattt- what if I don't have facebook or twitter?

LMG has open pages on all their social media. For example, you can bookmark their feed on twitter and check it daily. Same goes with FB and other of their social media pages.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

:o

Bobbycat2414

Computer enthusiast and 5+ Year LTT Fan

Intel i7-8565U 1.80GHz (1.99GHz Boost) | Nvidia MX250 4GB VRAM | 8 GB Standard HP Ram | HP 15-T Laptop 2019 Version

1 hour ago, Potatocell said:

im just going to drop my pc off my roof dressed as linus for the meme. I have a 3900x and 3080 but if it breaks I won't :P 

Wh- why? The comp ended?

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature