ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
On 9/25/2020 at 11:35 PM, FuzzeeDee said:

No, it says 0 entries. How do I fix this.

< image removed for privacy reasons >

Images removed for privacy reasons. In future, please be mindful what you post openly in the internet. Having your full name and email showing is not smart idea, and usually not important for troubleshooting website issues. You can use any image editor to sensor out those parts, as well as anything else you don't want to share. If there's need to reason or another to share email, please use PMs or other secure methods to contact website support directly.

Also, merged some triple posting. While this thread is not actively moderated on, we do ask that you still follow forum guidelines and general internet etiquette. This means no pointless posts or spamming (ie. the font-style spam).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

When are the winners announced?

Just now, TheFlyingFerret said:

When are the winners announced?

We don't know, winners are usually just seen in the videos. We expect them to contact the winners within a week or so, and the top 25 are expected to be announced before that.

7 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

We don't know, winners are usually just seen in the videos. We expect them to contact the winners within a week or so, and the top 25 are expected to be announced before that.

Yoooo I'm so exited! I want to get at most top 25.

The competition this year is the 3350 some people everywhere else competing for 2 slots and the 50 some entries from BC competing. People in BC definitely seem to have a better chance ngl

22 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

The competition this year is the 3350 some people everywhere else competing for 2 slots and the 50 some entries from BC competing. People in BC definitely seem to have a better chance ngl

yep imma move to BC real quick.

IMO I'm just glad this isn't luck based, then what would be the point of making a good video? Everything I've seen here is really creative and I wish y'all good luck, just remember to upload your new battle station here when you get the pc :P

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

On 9/18/2020 at 12:54 PM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

When will the winners be announced?

5 minutes ago, Mcdonalds_PC said:

When will the winners be announced?

When the videos come out in October or November.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

37 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

IMO I'm just glad this isn't luck based, then what would be the point of making a good video? Everything I've seen here is really creative and I wish y'all good luck, just remember to upload your new battle station here when you get the pc :P

Yeah, imagine one of the people from this thread actually winning :) 

1 hour ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

When the videos come out in October or November.

ok thanks

4 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

If I win then I'll buy everyone here a vintage flaregun in tf2

because your epic :)

*Cries in no games*

Hey,

I had a quick question. I made a video for the ROG Rig Reboot and I didn’t know if I was supposed to enter into Gleam. I did post a video on YouTube however with the hashtag. Does that disqualify me from the contest?

Here’s the link to my submission if that helps in any way: https://youtu.be/c5aD04-Ni0Y

Thanks, Fahim.

2 minutes ago, Fahizzle said:

Hey,

I had a quick question. I made a video for the ROG Rig Reboot and I didn’t know if I was supposed to enter into Gleam. I did post a video on YouTube however with the hashtag. Does that disqualify me from the contest?

Here’s the link to my submission if that helps in any way: https://youtu.be/c5aD04-Ni0Y

Thanks, Fahim.

Read the instructions. The answer is clearly stated. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, Fahizzle said:

I made a video for the ROG Rig Reboot and I didn’t know if I was supposed to enter into Gleam. I did post a video on YouTube however with the hashtag. Does that disqualify me from the contest?

The ROG Reboot thread specifically says:

Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

the link pointing to the Gleam.io page, so that seems pretty mandatory to me.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you did not enter on the gleam site, your video will not be considered for the contest.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

25 minutes ago, Packmeapipe said:

Should do something for all us fans down under mate... Cx

Yeah anyone outside of the US and Canada got screwed lol. 

16 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Yeah anyone outside of the US and Canada got screwed lol. 

I mean it's only practical bcuz the time difference would make someone go to sleep or wake up very early or late.

48 minutes ago, iamkirigiver said:

I mean it's only practical bcuz the time difference would make someone go to sleep or wake up very early or late.

Time zones suck ass