Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

1 minute ago, Phoenix Command said:

First post on the forum. Any idea when he might announce the winner? Also looking for feedback on my entry.

NOTE: I entered, but if I win, I am going to give it to my son.

Winners aren't expecte to be decided and emailed until a week or two, so we're not expecting the top 25 to be revealed until october.

40 minutes ago, DaveBetTech said:

Good Sunday morning. My daughter worked on a video for the ROG Rig Reboot 2020 competition and uploaded it to YouTube Friday evening (9/25). She should've adhered to the requirements shown, except she didn't know how LTT staff were going to find her video, guessed that it was just by the hashtag.

She looked at the Gleam.IO page on Saturday & noticed it said something about entries. She started to flip out and asked me if she really got entered into the competition. I asked in a different post on this forum and turns out there was a form on that page she needed to fill out. She's crushed now because she doesn't have a chance. She knew the odds were heavily against her, just thought she had a shot.

The purpose of this post is in the very small chance it could make it in the competition. If not, if someone from LTT who is bored enough to message here, or private message, maybe saying it was a decent video and sorry she didn't get a chance, that would be great (for validation of her efforts). She did the video using a mouse because her huion pen broke.

To be clear, I don't expect anything. This was just a shot in the dark and figured it wouldn't hurt to post. I also hope I didn't break any rules by posting this here (sorry if I did).

Maybe try reaching out to @CPotter.Just make sure it was posted on youtube before the competition ended.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Winners aren't expecte to be decided and emailed until a week or two, so we're not expecting the top 25 to be revealed until october.

Thank you.

Just now, AccurateLamer said:

Maybe try reaching out to @CPotter.Just make sure it was posted on youtube before the competition ended.

Thank you @AccurateLamer. I sent him a private message a bit ago.

Guys, Twomad won ROG Rig Reboot, so he is the one getting a new PC. Sorry to all those that entered.

Spoiler

That was a terrible joke

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

3 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Guys, Twomad won ROG Rig Reboot, so he is the one getting a new PC. Sorry to all those that entered.

Reveal hidden contents

That was a terrible joke

YOOOOOO TWOMAD? HE GET ALL 3 PC IN BTS CASES

18 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

YOOOOOO TWOMAD? HE GET ALL 3 PC IN BTS CASES

Absolute legend, he is

Spoiler

Although they did give Twomad a 2080, which means we might not get a 3080 if we win, which i’m not complaining because im pretty sure a 2080 super > my gt 330m.

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Reveal hidden contents

That was a terrible joke

I hope you are joking bc this is not true at all. This was organized months before the project, also not a ROG case

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Currently using a Alienware Alpha R1, i3-4170t, GTX 860M, upgrading sooner or later. 

My current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to 2600X: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

It's blatantly obvious the winners are getting 3080's, cmon guys. All the tech youtubers have many cards early, and they wouldn't send them with a 1200 dollar card when it's outperformed by a 500 dollar card. It's just a waste of money

They mentioned Twomad's computer was arranged parts wise before the 30 series released, they build the rig reboot winners based on their requests

40 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

I hope you are joking bc this is not true at all. This was organized months before the project, also not a ROG case

Did- Did you read the hidden comment? It was a joke, c’mon now.

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

It's blatantly obvious the winners are getting 3080's, cmon guys. All the tech youtubers have many cards early, and they wouldn't send them with a 1200 dollar card when it's outperformed by a 500 dollar card. It's just a waste of money

Ahh i see, makes sense i guess. 

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

I got very sad 😥then watched the vid and was mad 😑

11 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

No I did not read it, bc so far in my experience on the forum the hidden comments add nothing of value to a conversation so I just end up skipping them. This one time made me look stupid, but whatever

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Currently using a Alienware Alpha R1, i3-4170t, GTX 860M, upgrading sooner or later. 

My current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to 2600X: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

10 minutes ago, XxRONINxX said:

I got very sad 😥then watched the vid and was mad 😑

Seems like I shouldn’t have made that a hidden comment, my bad. 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, XxReactedArcxX said:

Does anyone know when the winners are revealed?

Winners are revealed when the videos come out. It won't be until October or so that the winners are contacted over email, because it is a lot of video to review. Last year the videos came out just about a month after the competition was released, so my guess is the top 25 won't be released until either the end of September to early October.

30 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Seems like I shouldn’t have made that a hidden comment, my bad. 

Nah, don't worry I had a good chuckle! 😊

Twomad really showed a different side of Linus, because Twomad's humor is so out there and Linus had to catch up a little

Thought about making a video with my IBM Pentium 1, 4mb of ram, and a PCI stereo scopic video card (shutter glasses).

Then having it all connected to a 4k tv, and then walking in with a Oculus Rift S and be like.... How's this work?

My best computer is a notebook lenovo t540p (4th gen intel) with a gtx 970 in a external GPU dock (exp gdc beast)  It can be moody when rebooted.  It's best to just put it into sleep mode to keep the gpu dock working.  That's what I run my used Rift S on

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

Twomad really showed a different side of Linus, because Twomad's humor is so out there and Linus had to catch up a little

You guys are making me hype for this video! I went on a hike this morning and am on the way home, am excited to watch 🙏