ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
1 minute ago, jtgstitch said:

can you use an xbox?

Not a computer, but you can try I guess.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

Just now, Aditya Vijay Modi said:

Well I feel very bad  coz i'm from india and not eligible for the contest

May the best one win.😊

thanks ill try

Make sure to be creative :)

Spoiler

hey do you think you could edit my vid

Does he get the PC if you win?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

no i dont have the abilty to edit videos

Use Imovie on an Iphone/Ipad, also are you 13 years or older? You gotta be to enter.

Spoiler

Just now, MoozOfDoomz said:

Oh no...

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 1.25.52 PM.png

I wish we could see the other entries, instead of digging around on youtube

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, jtgstitch said:

no i dont have the abilty to edit videos

Make sure to quote people when responding (back arrow on the bottom of the post). They won't see otherwise. 

You can get someone else to edit your video, it isn't against the rules but I doubt anyone here will

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Just now, jtgstitch said:

ya im 13 years old 

Ok. Just checking in.

Spoiler

oh dear...good luck any entrants I guess?

Spoiler

no more random thread spam pls

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

:/ If only people from New Zealand are allowed to participate...

What if we don't have a pc, could we just show-off a desk with nothing onto and call it an invisible pc :)?

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

I'm going to go with the benefit of the doubt and say it was because every other contestant over the years has been super dry and basically copy/paste.

She is literally the only contestant I could tell you with 100% certainty was distinguishable from any other. That said, I share your sentiments.

It was like watching a reddit post.

exactly, literally all the contestants are either kids teenagers, or dry comedy adults who can't afford a pc

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
    MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard
  • RAM
    CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black
  • GPU
    MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Gray
  • Case
    CORSAIR - iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black
  • Storage
    WD - Blue 500GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive Seagate - Barracuda 2TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops
  • PSU
    CORSAIR - RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
  • Display
    Samsung - Odyssey CRG5 series 24” LED Curved FHD FreeSync monitor - Black
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home

Bulk of YouTube comments:

"who wants a free pc"

"NA only"

"Me: cries in language/country"

Edit: looking at #ROGRigReboot20, seriously people how hard is it to record in landscape, like common... TILT IT!

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

but it still begs the question of import taxes and other legal issues too.

I'm sure the taxes and fees on a $2500 CAD machine is far cheaper than buying a new machine, by hundreds of dollars. Plus I am sure LTT will cover shipping costs which is the bulk of the costs. That said I'm not sure about customs laws in the USA about prizes. LTT can't ship it under valued, but if winning things = no taxes then as long as they do it right no extra cost should be put on to the winner. Besides what's the difference between this year and other years for American/international winners when it comes to them taking it back? I'm sure some custom agents would say "congratulations, and again, whats the value?"

2 hours ago, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

I already have a good rig sadly. but my rig has given me lots of errors over the past year ive had it. i wish i could meet linus. thats all i really wanted

@LinusTech @CPotter @JonoT @nicklmg or whoever else organized the event from LMG or ASUS, you dongoofed big by only limiting it to canada or the us. While I understand that right now it's hard to ship stuff, I also feel like setting aside no more than 200 dollars in shipping would not be difficult. ASUS and LMG are the top of their class in their respective fields, I don't understand why this couldn't have been done. A+ on still doing this tho

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

1 hour ago, piratemonkey said:

@LinusTech @CPotter @JonoT or whoever else organized the event from LMG or ASUS, you dongoofed big by only limiting it to canada or the us. While I understand that right now it's hard to ship stuff, I also feel like setting aside no more than 200 dollars in shipping would not be difficult. ASUS and LMG are the top of their class in their respective fields, I don't understand why this couldn't have been done. A+ on still doing this tho

The gist of it
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/service-alerts.page

image.png.af8fa65e63ef733db4ecd358d6188a67.png (my cases dimensions and weight w/o stuff, cosmos ii 25th anniversary)

(about 29, 15, 30 inches)

Shipping to Japan:

$336.78-$847.48 for a 18,24,24 20kg package... A little more than $200 no?

France/Czech/likely most of the EU: 306+

India: $384+

I doubt Linus has a corporate shipping account with CP, if they did then these prices might be around the $200 mark. Plus there could be a minimum shipping amounts to get even close to the "up to 47% off international" costs. In fact clicking "show minimum savings" proves how pathetic the savings are likely going to be for minimal shipping numbers. India went from $384 to just $370.

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Jokes aside I seriously don't get why everyone wants her on LTT. I found the video extremely hard to watch.

Because she pushed back on Linus's help when she didn't need it.

It's not that hard to find people who live in BC (I live in Metro Vancouver) and can probably run circles around Linus, but it is likely difficult to find people who have a good personality with Linus on camera and off. You don't want someone who uses profanity every other word because that wouldn't produce a good video, and you don't want someone who needs to be subtitled because it will have a lot of repetitious takes for clarity .

1 hour ago, Focus Bark said:

Is there a website to find the terms and conditions of this

It's quite literally next to where you would submit the video. Misclick on Continue and you click it..

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.6db92911f3087517c6004e29edcb2683.PNG

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?