Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

As of now I can pretty much confirm my submission aint winning as it basicly just an infomercial style. good luck to the rest of you though.

2 hours ago, SiN_Fury said:

It was well edited. Microphone seemed to be peaking a lot, but you probably didn't have much control since I'm guessing it was a gaming headset. Depending on what phone you have, you might be able to get better sound with that if you record in a little blanket fort and just transfer the file to your computer.

The shot of blowing dust off the GPU hit close to home...

Thanks ! I was more wondering about the content itself. I watched a lot of videos from last year and about 200ish videos this year just trying to get an idea of what I can do. I did see two raps this year but no songs. Honestly after I posted it I wondered how many people would even recognize the song. I'm not old but sometimes the things I mention remind me that I'm up there. 

As far as I know I haven't seen anything like my video in any year's submissions, I'll be honest...

4 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

As of now I can pretty much confirm my submission aint winning as it basicly just an infomercial style. good luck to the rest of you though.

We were just speculating. Who knows what they're looking for this year. And really if you think about it, is anything truly "original" at this point in human history? My video is different than most others, but it's still just a rip off of Ant Man.

Don't worry. As long as you had fun during the process and maybe learned something along the way, it's still worth it. Winning is an added bonus.

1 minute ago, SiN_Fury said:

We were just speculating. Who knows what they're looking for this year. And really if you think about it, is anything truly "original" at this point in human history? My video is different than most others, but it's still just a rip off of Ant Man.

Don't worry. As long as you had fun during the process and maybe learned something along the way, it's still worth it. Winning is an added bonus.

I'm fairly certain that they're just looking for people to do ideas and videos that aren't like the other submissions, because every idea has to have a base. I think your idea was quite original compared to other submissions.

1 minute ago, SiN_Fury said:

lol thanks dude that actually made me feel quite a bit better about it.

1 minute ago, PhillyJae said:

Had this made two days ago. It's with stop motion with Legos.

well made!

So like, if mine were to win there would be tons of parodies next year? That would be neat to watch haha.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

4 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

So like, if mine were to win there would be tons of parodies next year? That would be neat to watch haha.

You're the apple parody correct? If so, I would imagine there would be, it seems to be a trend that people follow the last years winners very closely, and those who don't are considered the creative ones.

As someone who has been observing the contest and the winners. They are picking those that stand out with using less copyrighted materials. Last year I made a mistake on making a parody with the music the same as the original. Also, this year's conditions were different. Last year they had a "theme" on making the video funny as one of the conditions. This year it didn't state that, just "be creative" was the one that stand out. 

So based on my observations, no one has done a video where it is entirely stop motion and with Legos. So I took that chance with a lot of painstaking editing on the script to narrow it down to a minute.

1 minute ago, PhillyJae said:

As someone who has been observing the contest and the winners. They are picking those that stand out with using less copyrighted materials. Last year I made a mistake on making a parody with the music the same as the original. Also, this year's conditions were different. Last year they had a "theme" on making the video funny as one of the conditions. This year it didn't state that, just "be creative" was the one that stand out. 

I can back that up. I did a lot of research into how they did the last few year's winners, losers, and honorable mentions. I used only a royalty free office background sound and a cuss bleep. In my 2 scrapped projects I actually made my background music,but for my final project and submissions background music wouldn't have worked, so I opted out and just used the office sounds.

44 minutes ago, PhillyJae said:

Had this made two days ago. It's with stop motion with Legos.

I LOVE the LEGO bits!

As a LEGO fanatic though, I gotta say LEGO is already plural, no need to say "Legos". I feel the need to constantly correct people when I see it... Which is probably why my friends now say "Legos" on purpose 😂😭

6 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

I LOVE the LEGO bits!

As a LEGO fanatic though, I gotta say LEGO is already plural, no need to say "Legos". I feel the need to constantly correct people when I see it... Which is probably why my friends now say "Legos" on purpose 😂😭

Thx. man and I feel ya. Probably the company needs an official explanation that "Legos" or "Legoes" aren't their term. lol

This is all off topic from the rig reboot but I've always heard legos from everyone. Like if someone says "I'm building with lego" it sounds more like they mean it more in a sense of the brand than just building block toys

2 minutes ago, PhillyJae said:

Thx. man and I feel ya. Probably the company needs an official explanation that "Legos" or "Legoes" aren't their term. lol

Fun fact! They actually used to have it on their website 😊😂

image.png.6f7e634aafad8242701a6ab38751c86e.png

5 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

Fun fact! They actually used to have it on their website 😊😂

image.png.6f7e634aafad8242701a6ab38751c86e.png

It's funny to me that they want us to call them "LEGO Bricks or Toys" because almost everyone uses lego bricks and just legos interchangeably. 

8 hours ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

That first one? No wayyyy. It was good up until he played that bruh sound effect, and even then there was a lot of cringe, whether intentional or unintentional. It was super creative and well edited though.

That is kinda true and he didn't really follow the rules either.

4 minutes ago, AccurateLamer said:

That is kinda true and he didn't really follow the rules either.

Gotta meet all the requirements or you wont win.

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

Gotta meet all the requirements or you wont win.

yeah,but the thing is maybe linus might pick it either way because a lot of people liked it for some reason.

2 minutes ago, AccurateLamer said:

yeah,but the thing is maybe linus might pick it either way because a lot of people liked it for some reason.

But aren't rules, rules. I doubt linus made those requirements just so he could choose someone who broke them.

1 minute ago, AccurateLamer said:

The winners aren't decided based on video likes or anything like that, and Linus isn't the only one reviewing them if he reviews any of them personally at all. You essentailly have to have a good, if not great or perfect balance between content regarding showing your rig and saying why it sucks, and entertainment such as jokes, skits, and such.