RTX 3080 Crash

sindain

nop no blue screen just the game crash and stop working

Created a new account just to reply to this thread. I've also got the MSI Ventus 3080 and I got the same issue.

My build:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

ASRock B550M Pro4

Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVK (32gb, 3200mz)

be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

How it goes for me: Game starts up fine, after a few minutes of playing the game crashes. Sometimes I hear a weird audio lag just before the lag and the game freezes. I've tried multiple games but it seems to be a recurring thing for all games I try.

I've checked Windows Event viewer and it gave an error: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered". So it's most likely a driver issue.

Also my internet goes out the second the display driver crashes, do you also have this?

"Asus' Recommended PSU Table for Ampere/Turing GPUs (Image credit: Twitter)"

Link: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidias-rtx-3000-power-supply-requirements-PSU-shortage-2020

1.png

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1.TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

Might have found a possible solution but I need to test more. Try underclocking your GPU with MSI Afterburner. I set my Core Clock to -70MHz and it didn't crash so far after 30 minutes. (usually it crashed within a few minutes).

I think this is all driver related, but this would be a possible fix for the meantime.

2 hours ago, Lukk said:

Might have found a possible solution but I need to test more. Try underclocking your GPU with MSI Afterburner. I set my Core Clock to -70MHz and it didn't crash so far after 30 minutes. (usually it crashed within a few minutes).

I think this is all driver related, but this would be a possible fix for the meantime.

I'm having the exact same issue with my 3080. Have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers with DDU. Games usually turn a DirectX related error between 30mins-hour of playing. I do believe it to be driver related

Hello guys,

I also have problems with my new RTX 3080.

I bought last 48 hours the i7 10700k, 32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, 1x Nvme SSD and the RTX 3080.

I already had 1 SSD, 1 HDD, 3 USB 3.0, Gaming Mouse and Gaming Keyboard.

The CPU on the motherboard says the clock is at 4700Mhz the temps in games (When i can play) get to 76ºC maximum, GPU gets to 80ºC max also.

I had shutdowns when i got to some area in Borderlands 3. Then i turned Off XMP and the shutdown in that area stoped. Now i got some shutdowns again in BF V

So i did a quick Seasonic calculator test and its says my system requires a 760W power.

I already had a Seasonic 750W Gold so i guess 750W is not enough for a system with a 3080 and i7

unknown.png

I will probably buy a new power supply i dont think its RTX 3080 drivers at all..

I made it crash using Prime95 + Furmark. 10 seconds in with both at same time it crashes. try that in your system

@sindain Bro.. I got the exact same GPU (Zotac trinity 3080) and the same problem! I was able to solve it by simply underclocking the Core clock by 110mhz! Power consumption set 90%! Try it! Thank me later.. Not psu.. not cpu.. not driver.. not all of what were mentioned by the people.. 

Also experencing crashing in the two games ive tested. 

My build:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (no OC)

ASRock Steel Legend B450m Pro

Phanteks Enthoos Pro 

Corsair Vengance 3000 16gb

Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity

EVGA 850W Bq 80 plus bronze 

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 

1TB HDD

Red Dead Redemption 2, crashes freezes after 15 to 30 mins. Horizon Zero Dawn, crash with unspecificed error. These are the only ones Ive tested since I just got the card yesterday. Sure looks like it's driver related because I havent encountered any other issues otherwise. 

Had to create an account to reply here. But I’m having the same issue. 3080 MSI OC, I ve seen some people reporting that dropping the clock speed has solved their problem.

I installed the Studio drivers rather than game ready, and I ve not had the crash after a good few hours playing. on the game ready I’d be lucky to get through a round in COD. 

17 minutes ago, Xanadu20 said:

Had to create an account to reply here. But I’m having the same issue. 3080 MSI OC, I ve seen some people reporting that dropping the clock speed has solved their problem.

I installed the Studio drivers rather than game ready, and I ve not had the crash after a good few hours playing. on the game ready I’d be lucky to get through a round in COD. 

Yup, this issue seems to be far to widespread to not be driver related. Everyone experencing the same exact issues. I expect an influx of these reports over the next week or two more people get them into their systems. We are the early bunch. Im hoping by then, nvidia will have released a proper rtx 3000 series driver. Going to tey the studio driver! Thanks for the info.

@Elcid_888 @Xanadu20 @Rickckk https://photos.app.goo.gl/2R5WZYJZDr9usbfB6 is this what happens to you guys ?

Yesterday i played COD for like 1 hour and didn't have issues, in BF V it crashed on the menu and its also crashing while testing CPU and GPU at the same time (if i test both seperatly it doesn't crash) it also crashed using 90% power and -120mhz core on gpu.

My PSU is a Sesonic X-Series 750W Gold i just tested again with a power meter and before the crash the PSU was at around 500 - 560 with a peak to 600w.

I have no more ideas of what to do.

Some PSU relate info for you guys, I'm not saying this is the reason, but it can be.

16 minutes ago, Marcelo oRieN Santos said:

@deadpoor i think i'm having that issue https://photos.app.goo.gl/2R5WZYJZDr9usbfB6 

yeah when you pull 500W~600W on power meter, you basiclly pull over 1KW on peak, I just don't understand how can you get it with 10700KF and downclock GPU. when did you buy the PSU?  Seasonic have conservative overload protection before 2018, I think a new model focus or prime 750W would be fine.

Same problem here with the msi ventus 3X 10G OC. Got an Corsair AX850 Titanium for power, so I suppose there should be no problem with that.

Used DDU to remove all old crap from my 1070 and installed current nvidia drivers + msi utils. Some benchmarks seems to run fine, but trying with games they freeze with 100% gpu usage and then crash with different error codes (sometimes directX, sometimes unreal / unity codes).

I guess we have to wait for the next driver update. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sadly non of the power limit or mhz reduction has done anything for me so far.

2 hours ago, Marcelo oRieN Santos said:

@Elcid_888 @Xanadu20 @Rickckk https://photos.app.goo.gl/2R5WZYJZDr9usbfB6 is this what happens to you guys ?

Yesterday i played COD for like 1 hour and didn't have issues, in BF V it crashed on the menu and its also crashing while testing CPU and GPU at the same time (if i test both seperatly it doesn't crash) it also crashed using 90% power and -120mhz core on gpu.

My PSU is a Sesonic X-Series 750W Gold i just tested again with a power meter and before the crash the PSU was at around 500 - 560 with a peak to 600w.

I have no more ideas of what to do.

I had a couple of different errors pop up on the game ready drivers, but the one consistent is that at the time of the error, I see an event in event viewer which is “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I guess for game ready, we should expect a neewdriver soon, seems to be more and more people reporting the issue, I got my card on day 1 from a physical store (luckily) and when I first started getting the issue I thought I’d got a bad card, was worried I d have to wait a few weeks for a replacement, so I for one at glad it’s driver related. 

2 hours ago, deadpoor said:

yeah when you pull 500W~600W on power meter, you basiclly pull over 1KW on peak, I just don't understand how can you get it with 10700KF and downclock GPU. when did you buy the PSU?  Seasonic have conservative overload protection before 2018, I think a new model focus or prime 750W would be fine.

I used something like this to measure

ATORCH 220v AC power meter digital wattmeter energy eu watt Calculator  monitor electricity consumption Measuring socket analyzer|power meter  digital|electricity consumptionpower meter - AliExpress

I have this Seasonic since 2016.. i bough overpowered for the time thinking it would last for the future

I guess i was wrong 

Tried playing Batman Arkham Knight, played for maybe 20 mins before it crashed (Zotac 3080 Trinity). Not sure what the deal is. Due to all the reports of the same exact issue, I'm going to assume this is most definitely driver related. My psu is 850w 80+ certified evga, so no problems there. Also, if it was a bad card, I would expect to have other issues. There is no artifacts, temps are perfectly fine, etc., Ill look at event viewer and see what it's reporting. 

Anyone else have luck with the studio driver instead of the game ready? 

1 hour ago, Elcid_888 said:

Tried playing Batman Arkham Knight, played for maybe 20 mins before it crashed (Zotac 3080 Trinity). Not sure what the deal is. Due to all the reports of the same exact issue, I'm going to assume this is most definitely driver related. My psu is 850w 80+ certified evga, so no problems there. Also, if it was a bad card, I would expect to have other issues. There is no artifacts, temps are perfectly fine, etc., Ill look at event viewer and see what it's reporting. 

Anyone else have luck with the studio driver instead of the game ready? 

Is the game just crashing, the pc crashing  or pc restarting ? 

My case the PC restarts with heavy load and i tried both drivers happens in both.

I guess my game crashs didn't happen because i did a clean windows install on a new nvme maybe a clean install would fix

Same Problem Here with a Ventus 3x Msi. Tested with Control and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. The Game Freezes after a Shorts amount of time. You can only Close or by going into your Task Manager.

I also have Sometimes the Error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

hoping there ist a real fix soon (Will try downclocking this evening)

2 hours ago, Manju1 said:

Same Problem Here with a Ventus 3x Msi. Tested with Control and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. The Game Freezes after a Shorts amount of time. You can only Close or by going into your Task Manager.

I also have Sometimes the Error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

hoping there ist a real fix soon (Will try downclocking this evening)

What PSU do you have?

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1.TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

42 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

What PSU do you have?

Thermaltake Smart RGB - 700W

With an Amd 2600. I would think that this is defnetly enough. And it seems like many users have this problem even with better psus.

(Correct me if i am wrong :). Sorry for the spelling errors but my german autocorrection ist driving me crazy typing english)

1 minute ago, Manju1 said:

Thermaltake Smart RGB - 700W

With an Amd 2600. I would think that this is defnetly enough. And it seems like many users have this problem even with better psus.

Alright, thank you. 

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1.TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: