RTX 3080 Crash

sindain

HI,Please Help

I just bought a new powersupply and a new rtx 3080 . Whenever I play games it keep crashing ever 3 minutes or soo
I have no idea whats the issue. I have reinstall the nvidia driver and it still keep crashing.

I also found out that my power supply have some sort of whine sound. 

but I just bought it new for less than 3 days

Please help

this is my spec

• Windows 10 64 bit
  • ROG Z370-H
  • Intel i7 8700k (Do not over clock)
  • 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 
  • RTX trinity 3080 Zotac 
  • WD blue ssd 1tb 
  • Corsai CX750M

Thank you

2 minutes ago, sindain said:

Corsair CX750M

I would not use a CX750M for such a high end system...

Are there any overclocks on the system? If so, remove them and try again. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Seeing as the graphics card was just released, I don’t understand how you could have had the graphics card 3 days ago as it was released September 17th. The whine is something known as coil whine typically found on graphics cards and is a pretty common occurrence, look up some videos on YouTube. I’m assuming this can also happen with PSUs. 

but likely someone sold you a fake 3080, unless you’re a reviewer or something. There is no way you could’ve had the card 3 days ago unless you were a reviewer, meaning you probably got scammed and were sold a different card or an older generation card that was put into a printed box.

Just now, Mykull said:

Seeing as the graphics card was just released, I don’t understand how you could have had the graphics card 3 days ago as it was released September 17th. The whine is something known as coil whine typically found on graphics cards and is a pretty common occurrence, look up some videos on YouTube. I’m assuming this can also happen with PSUs. 

but likely someone sold you a fake 3080, unless you’re a reviewer or something. There is no way you could’ve had the card 3 days ago unless you were a reviewer, meaning you probably got scammed and were sold a different card or an older generation card that was put into a printed box.

he may have meant the psu since he was talking about coil whine

8 minutes ago, sindain said:

I just bought it new for less than 3 days

can we get a GPU-Z screenshot?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Mykull said:

But also like someone said, using 750 watt psu probably ain’t good. Considering the power draw. I’d go with a 850 or 1000w minimum

It's not the wattage that's the problem.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, YsGrandi said:

he may have meant the psu since he was talking about coil whine

But still, it’d be amazing/nearly impossible to get a RTX 3080 on day one as pretty much all orders were online only and were sold out instantly, plus shipping time. They’d have to be real lucky if one of the stores near them actually had stock

sorry the psu is 3 days old 
but the vga is less than 24 hour

But still, it’d be amazing/nearly impossible to get a RTX 3080 on day one as pretty much all orders were online only and were sold out instantly, plus shipping time. They’d have to be real lucky if one of the stores near them actually had stock

12 minutes ago, sindain said:

I'm pretty sure the OP is stating he bought the PSU new 3 days ago. Not the new RTX 3080.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

saw people posting their 3080 in reddit with username proof

in germany they did have overnight shipment

and there were people able to get it on microcenter

2 minutes ago, sindain said:

sorry the psu is 3 days old 
but the vga is less than 24 hour

I would return the psu and get a higher quality unit the cx750m isn't that great of a unit and is most likely having issues with the powerdraw.

8 minutes ago, Mykull said:

But also like someone said, using 750 watt psu probably ain’t good. Considering the power draw. I’d go with a 850 or 1000w minimum

hardware unboxed review with ryzen 9 3950x and 3080 pulled 520 watt so even a 650 watt psu is enough

1000watt is just wasted money for single gpu setups

what more important is the PSU quality

he would have been better off with a 650 tier A psu than this low tier 750 watt corsair

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

It's not the wattage that's the problem.

It theoretically shouldn’t be, you are right, but sometimes it’s also good to have a buffer. As in the psu may be underperforming or maxing out and delivering less wattage than it’s suppose to you can have sever issues. Sometimes to avoid this problem you can buy a higher wattage psu to avoid this issue. 750 watts is the bare minimum that Nvidia recommends.

that being said I wonder if the user is plugged into multiple surge protectors or has multiple devices pulling power from the same outlet. 

14 minutes ago, sindain said:

HI,Please Help

I just bought a new powersupply and a new rtx 3080 . Whenever I play games it keep crashing ever 3 minutes or soo
I have no idea whats the issue. I have reinstall the nvidia driver and it still keep crashing.

Please help

this is my spec

• Windows 10 64 bit
  • ROG Z370-H
  • Intel i7 8700k (Do not over clock)
  • 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 
  • RTX trinity 3080 Zotac 
  • WD blue ssd 1tb 
  • Corsai CX750M

Thank you

This won't help you but to clarify something, when you buy a new product, especially a new generation of GPU, the drivers will need a couple of weeks or months to get stable.

Are you plugged into multiple surge protectors, or do you have to many devices plugged into the same surge protector as your computer.

try unplugging everything but your computer and monitor/the bare essentials if the above is the case. My computer kept crashing, my 3950x would under clock and stayed at 1 ghz, i had frame drops, and often times I was only getting 20 fps and had weird power supply issues, then I decided to plug less things into my surge protector that was connected to my computer, and well the problem went away. I think it had to do with overall power draw from the outlet. Basically my computer was not getting as much electricity because it was going to my other devices that were plugged in.

you can also try a UPS that produces a sine wave or “clean energy” for your computer to see if that makes it run better

17 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

This won't help you but to clarify something, when you buy a new product, especially a new generation of GPU, the drivers will need a couple of weeks or months to get stable.

Try different benchmark, different games.

Probably the drivers aint stable at the moment.

This should be fixed in a week or two.

It may help to recheck the installation, your cpu, memory, everything.

Monitor the temps and check event viewer for warnings and errors.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

40 minutes ago, YsGrandi said:

did you put the GPU on an old build ?

try DDU to uninstall old drivers and install new ones

or just install a fresh windows 10

tried but still got problem

3 hours ago, Mykull said:

I agree, Putting a 750W PSU Might not be enough, If your GPU is drawing to much power that your PSU cant handle, it might crash. Can I have The Stop Code?

My Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz (OC to 4.45GHz)

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S

Storage Device: 2X 1TB WD Blue HDD, 256GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (Windows install)

Case: NZXT H510i

Keyboard: Corsair K70 TKL Champion Edition/Reddragon K552 (Blue Switches)

Mouse: Glorious Model O

Headset: Corsair H60 Pro Surround

20 hours ago, Jplayz said:

I agree, Putting a 750W PSU Might not be enough, If your GPU is drawing to much power that your PSU cant handle, it might crash. Can I have The Stop Code?

how do u get the stop code ??

21 minutes ago, sindain said:

how do u get the stop code ??

you can see it on bluescreen after crash, or just game itself crash? If just game itself, try different bench, different game, even low load game. It can be PSU issue, in theoretic a decent 750W psu can handle 3080 just enough, try downclock CPU and GPU to see will things change.