Which 150$ power supply is the best here??

BlazerBuddy

I have found these power supplies on the microcenter website and was going to put them in my friends 1800$ build. I am not lmited to these power supplies but I just chose these as they were all around the 150$ price range.

1800 dollar build-

Ryzen 7 3800X
X570 MPG Gaming Plus AMD 

Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200

Lancool II Mesh RGB Full Tower
GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming Triple-Fan

2TB 3D QLC NAND PCIe Gen 3 x4

Links- 
PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold- https://www.microcenter.com/product/485309/powerspec-750-watt-80-plus-gold-atx-fully-modular-power-supply?ob=1

Seasonic USA Focus Plus 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold- https://www.microcenter.com/product/513593/seasonic-usa-focus-plus-750-watt-80-plus-gold-atx-fully-modular-power-supply?ob=1

ASUS ROG Strix 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold- https://www.microcenter.com/product/615145/asus-rog-strix-750-watt-80-plus-gold-atx-fully-modular-power-supply

Gigabyte P750GM 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold- https://www.microcenter.com/product/627314/gigabyte-p750gm-750-watt-80-plus-gold-atx-fully-modular-power-supply

G.Skill 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold- https://www.microcenter.com/product/621991/gskill-750-watt-80-plus-gold-atx-fully-modular-power-supply

EVGA 750 BQ 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze- https://www.microcenter.com/product/467824/evga-750-bq-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-semi-modular-atx-power-supply

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GT 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold- https://www.microcenter.com/product/624764/evga-supernova-750-gt-750-watt-80-plus-gold-atx-fully-modular-power-supply

1 minute ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Seasonic all da wei

Is there a reason like better cooling or better performance or are you biased. Just making sure :)

Did you cross reference the PSU tier list?

Just now, fpo said:

Did you cross reference the PSU tier list?

Looking through that whole thing is a big pain and sometimes I can’t find the right power supply. I have tried on different acasions.

Just now, BlazerBuddy said:

Is there a reason like better cooling or better performance or are you biased. Just making sure :)

They just make the highest quality units out there. At $150 you could probably get a unit from them that will last 10+ years. I bought a rosewill glacier unit and after 3 months of mostly light with some moderate load it popped. They sent me a proton unit as a replacement which is what I'm using right now.

Just now, Dimondminer11 said:

They just make the highest quality units out there. At $150 you could probably get a unit from them that will last 10+ years. I bought a rosewill glacier unit and after 3 months of mostly light with some moderate load it popped. They sent me a proton unit as a replacement which is what I'm using right now.

Ahh I se okay, I will pick the “Seasonic USA Focus Plus 750 Watt 80 Plus power supply“ for my friend. Thx all for the help! :)

2 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Looking through that whole thing is a big pain and sometimes I can’t find the right power supply. I have tried on different acasions.

@LukeSavenije I'm confused too. What is a multi/single-rail switchable?

5 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

They just make the highest quality units out there. 

Shock GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

@LukeSavenije I'm confused too. What is a multi/single-rail switchable?

There are some power supply that allows you to switch between multi-rail and single rail for those who want the convenience of a single rail or the added protection of a multirail. Power supplies like the Corsair AXi / HXi / RMi / HX / etc, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 10 / 11 / 12, etc.

6 minutes ago, quan289 said:

There are some power supply that allows you to switch between multi-rail and single rail for those who want the convenience of a single rail or the added protection of a multirail. Power supplies like the Corsair AXi / HXi / RMi / HX / etc, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 10 / 11 / 12, etc.

What rail? Server rack rails? 

34 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

They just make the highest quality units out there.

NO, they have some great models and then they have some that aren't all that great down just trash just like all of the other major PSU OEM and makers..

Brand can a good place to start looking, but in the end it's the actual model of PSU that matters the most.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

voltage rails iirc, 5v, 12v, 3.3v, etc are the voltages that different parts in the pc use. multi vs single rail is over current protection implementation and everyone argues about which is best. chances are that both work perfectly fine, if ya stick to well reviewed units you shouldnt have to worry about all that

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

4 minutes ago, fpo said:

The voltage rails of a power supply (12V, 5V, 3.3V). In this case, we are talking about the 12V and how it is configured.

Single Rail : EVGA 1000 G+ has 83.3A on 12V

Spoiler

6209800cv15d.jpg

Multirail :  BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w has a 12V rating of 70.8A combined that is split up into four 12V circuit. Think of this something similar to a circuit / fuse box inside of your home.

Spoiler

dac7-5a-nameplate.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 10:08 PM, Ankerson said:

NO, they have some great models and then they have some that aren't all that great down just trash just like all of the other major PSU OEM and makers..

Brand can a good place to start looking, but in the end it's the actual model of PSU that matters the most.

Good point